We Just Bought Our New House! *Pictures**Picture Overload*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KittyMom said:
I am so jealous you won't believe!!

I think the whole of our two bed semi would fit in your kitchen/diner!

Congrats you must be so happy! :cheer: :cheer:

We can't believe we got the house!
Our home now is a dump compaired to this place, and our home now is actually pretty nice! :lol:
We couldn't of had 6 people in a two bedroom apartment anyway, so we had to find a bigger place.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? You don't have to say if your keeping it private but Im just curious about how much of a house you can get over there for what we pay :think:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
Do you mind me asking how much you paid? You don't have to say if your keeping it private but Im just curious about how much of a house you can get over there for what we pay :think:

We paid $229,900 and according to my useful source; the internet, it's £115,112.34p

The price we paid is pretty good for over here, don't know if that's a good price for you.
How much do you have to pay for a 4 bedroom house in the UK?

JamieIsabella said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:

We paid $375,000 for it which according to my useful source of the internet is £187,757.97p!
The price we paid is pretty good for over here, don't know if that's a good price for you.

Well it depends where abouts in the UK but you could get a 4 bedroom house over here for about the same price but it wouldn't be as big at that house and it definitely wouldn't have that much land around it! Our 3 bedroom house was 141 and its tiny compared to that but then again, we bought when the market was at its highest! :roll:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
JamieIsabella said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:

We paid $375,000 for it which according to my useful source of the internet is £187,757.97p!

Well it depends where abouts in the UK but you could get a 4 bedroom house over here for about the same price but it wouldn't be as big at that house and it definitely wouldn't have that much land around it! Our 3 bedroom house was 141 and its tiny compared to that but then again, we bought when the market was at its highest! :roll:

In the message you quoted, the price is wrong.
Sorry, that was my doing.
A house we nearly bought was $375,000, which is the price I told you by mistake.
The price we paid for the new house was $229,900 which works out to be £115,112.34p

JamieIsabella said:
The price we paid for the new house was $229,900 which works out to be £115,112.34p

Wow you would never get anything like that for no-where near that sort of money over here!

Did I mention how jealous I am haha :cheer: :cheer:

115 thats amazing!! If it wasn't for my family being here, i'd be in your neighbourhood! :lol:

KittyMom said:
JamieIsabella said:

Wow you would never get anything like that for no-where near that sort of money over here!

Did I mention how jealous I am haha :cheer: :cheer:

Wow, I guess living in America does have it's upsides then :lol:

You'd all be welcome to stay with us, if you didn't mind camping in the yard! :rotfl:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
115 thats amazing!! If it wasn't for my family being here, i'd be in your neighbourhood! :lol:

Judging by what people (and you) have said, we paid a good price! :lol:

I've just realized how many things we spell differently.

You say;

Neighbourhood
Favourite
Colour

I say;

Neighborhood
Favorite
Color

Weird language :roll:

wow that house is lush, my hubbys X boss transferred to a fresh and easy store (a british tescos) that direction somewere the lucky bugger!

For some reason, even though I have never been abroad I wana live in florida! Hubby thinks Im weird! I dont care I just wana live in florida! never gonna happen but hey a girl can dream!

OO And I would wnan house with a pool!!

You got that place for a wicked price, I live in a small 2 bed terraced house which is 2 yrs old and tiny and valued at £175,000.00p

sea-fairy said:
wow that house is lush, my hubbys X boss transferred to a fresh and easy store (a british tescos) that direction somewere the lucky bugger!

For some reason, even though I have never been abroad I wana live in florida! Hubby thinks Im weird! I dont care I just wana live in florida! never gonna happen but hey a girl can dream!

OO And I would wnan house with a pool!!

You got that place for a wicked price, I live in a small 2 bed terraced house which is 2 yrs old and tiny and valued at £175,000.00p

It'll be great living in Florida, especially when we're real close to the coast.
We can go to the beach, which is great 'cos there's no beaches in NY!
I'll miss Central Park though, never mind.

I wish I lived closer to everyone, that way we could meet.
A girl can dream! :lol:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
JamieIsabella said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:

My 2 bedroom apartment is worth that here..... another reason for wanting to move.... too bloody expensive here!!

JamieIsabella said:

You say;

Neighbourhood
Favourite
Colour

I say;

Neighborhood
Favorite
Color

Dont worry about that for me!!! I am very americanised!!! Just like most people put the rubbish out, I put the trash out. And the clothes are in the closet, not the cupboard!! :rotfl:

SarahH said:
JamieIsabella said:

You say;

Neighbourhood
Favourite
Colour

I say;

Neighborhood
Favorite
Color

Dont worry about that for me!!! I am very americanised!!! Just like most people put the rubbish out, I put the trash out. And the clothes are in the closet, not the cupboard!! :rotfl:

Lol, I'm kinda familiar with some things you say now after coming on here.
It's a cool language :D

Its lovely!!
My friend lives in Jacksonville after moving from new York!! She prefers it so much more! And the weathers so much better lol :wink: Congrats to you!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh and dont even get me started on the differences in the language! haha We have had many conversations about it!
Things like a crib, and a cot, all mean different things hah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111