How do you decorate your house for Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamafy

Reaction score
I do light up angels on my front and back doors
A little tree in my hall
A few wall decs in my hall
A garland round the mantel in my kitchen
Big Tree in the dining room
Mini tree on kitchen table
Xmas cushions on my sofas in the dining room
Biggest Tree in the living room
Plus a few other bits and pieces little singing santa's :lol:

So how do you do yours? X

Ahaaaa sounds like your house is like Santas grotto Mamafy!! Love it!

Ok so we have lights around the roof, and the living room windows outside!
A Christmas wreath on the front door!
A tree in the passage and lights around the hall mirror!
My fav huge tree in the living room, a christmas light up village in the living room with victorian fugures, lights aroung the fireplace, a light up ceramic tree I made on the fire place and the odd figure dotted about!!!
A tree in my dining room and a light up net over a huge mirrow we have in there which just lights up the whole room its fab and they flash and play Chrsitmas songs lol!
A tree in the conservatory, lights and christmassy ornaments and figures!
A tree in the back garden and lights around the fencing so when it snows it looks like a winter wonder land and we dont have to leave the house!
Lights, robbon and tinsel all the way up three flights of stairs!
A smaller tree on the second floor landing!
Another smaller tree on the third floor landing!
Kate has a small tree in her room and of course we will have to get a little one for Matilda soon lol!!
So yes...I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas and probably go way over the top to make it look all festive but its just great, magical and exciting at Christmas in our house!! xxx

Bloody hell wilma, you have loads of tree's! Lol
We have a big tree in our lounge, paper chains, tinsel around pictures, window stickers of snow flakes, lights everywhere, Christmas train on our window sill, Christmas countdown clock, a wooden Christmas tree that lights up with mini baubles.
I can't think of anything else ATM

Wilma you're madder than me :rofl: :yay:

I'm having a dilemma where to put my dining and living room as I've got the lil mans stuff everywhere :lol:

I have a mini gold xmas tree on my dining table (in the living room). Cards on the mantle. A bit of tinsel round the TV. Just enough that people get the gist lol. I'm a lazy cow and this year I'll be heavily pregnant.

We go to mum's on xmas day and enjoy their nicely decorated house and the pressie go under her xmas tree :)

Well this is our first Christmas in our new house so hoping to get a garland for the staircase, another garland for the mantle, wreath for front door, large tree for living room and advent candle for the windowsill.

I hate tinsel, hanging decorations and big plastic Santa wall plaques or any tacky lit up thing. Like to keep it traditional, simple, and handmade.

I have a big christmas tree in the hall and that's about it :blush:
in my defence our lounge is still a make-shift garage so when it's done out properly (hopefully early next year) it will become my christmas wonderland.
I so wish I gould have a wreath on my front door, but I know I'd end up finding it a few hundred yards down the road with the wind we get round here :roll:

All of your houses sound lovely, bet they look magical :cloud9:

I only have a tree and a few decorations because Ive never had an xmas in my own house before. BUT! Im hoping to have a garland up the staircase and on the big mirror. Big tree in the lounge and one little tree in the hall with another thats exatly the same on the landing. Home made wreath on the front door. Then christmas cushions on the sofas and red throws. Maybe some nice window stickers of reindeer and snowflakes (saw some in cargo today that looked nice) and then other little bits and bobs like advent calanders and countdown to xmas etc.

Im uber excited about it all!

I haven't been able to have a tree for 3 years cause of my cats but as they are rehomed Owen can have it for his first christmas :)

I don't do much inside, because of our cats. I have a 6 foot tree in the lounge room with lights and decorations and some tinsel around the clock and photo frames. My main decorating is done outside. It's much easier for me to show you than tell you. Unfortunately I don't think I will be doing much this year :(.

UK decorations last year.
Chrissy.jpg

When I lived in Aus a few years ago.
Distant full view.
1.png
Close up of one of the scenes.
2.png

That's really pretty manda. We wanna put lights around our fence this year but I'm worried their get pinched by the kids that live round here!

Why thank you :). I just love Christmas so much and have decorated the outside of my house every year since I was about 10. I started with my father and just carried it on when I moved out. I had to leave all my lights in Aus when I moved, but if I remember correctly I had just over 20 sets up outside and I had to start putting them up in October. My father also still decorates his house and even enters the Christmas Lights Competition that they have there. Last year he came 4th and is hoping to do better this year.

I just love the look and joy I see on peoples faces when they walk past and look, it makes all the hard work worth it.

Wilma you're madder than me :rofl: :yay:

I'm having a dilemma where to put my dining and living room as I've got the lil mans stuff everywhere :lol:

hee hee I know Mamafy Im terrible I cant wait for first weekend in Dec then they are ALL going up lol xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back