what job ???

lauramleigh

Reaction score
Just wondering what job everyone does and when they are going to go on maternity leave ???

I work as a community support worker (carer) and i cant decide when to finish .. I know that i am going to struggle to bend and things when i get bigger !!

I work with young children.

I am on sick laeve with SPD at the moment so will probably be forced to take maternity leave 11 weeks before baby is due...

Im not intending on returning to work once baby is born.

I work for Barclays as a high net worth insurance underwriter, basically dealing with rich peoples insurance. :wall:

I am leaving work at about 37 weeks not confirmed it yet, i only work part time, i do 10 hours on a monday tues and weds and finish at 9pm so will probably be exhausted by that point!

I work in accounts, and do mon, Wed, Fri 9-3 and Tue & Thurs 9-6, after christmas the two long days will go down to 3pm looking to stop about 37 weeks

I work in export and shipping - raising paperwork for export and tracking and stuff - not a very physical job or stressful - but I find I get tired now and really lack concentration. I plan on working till I am 36 weeks.

i run a cleaning company, and clean myself, and plan on going until i collapse hehe makes time go quicker, last pregnancy i went on leave from 28 weeks and it dragged so much :cry:

Im lucky enough not to have to work at the mo, so im a housewife and mother.

I was a support worker to adults with severe disabilities, helping them in their own homes and outdoors to be able to live a normal life.

im a merchandiser , so spend all day lifting paint :roll: i plan on leaving at xmas when im 29 weeks but mat leave doesnt start till 1st feb :cheer:

I'm a project manager and plan on going on mat leave around 36 weeks

I work in a stockbrokers in IT. So not a heavy duty lifting job. My contract runs out when I am 27 weeks.. but I don't think that they will re-new it.. so I'll be at home from then.
But if I was given the chance to work a little longer, I'd have to see how the train commuting is .. seeing as I'll probably be the size of a house, and walking to the station at 6.30am, isn't my idea of fun..let alone when 30 weeks pergnant and in the ice/snow/slush/rain/cold :)

I'm a nanny and look after 4 kids.

I'm not sure exactly when, probably around week 36 although I might work in a couple of weeks annual leave then also so as I won't return to work till the New year then :)

Im a piano teacher, i only teach 2 evenings week in my own house so I worked right up to the day I had Jayden and took 2 weeks off after, will do the same again this time cos I really enjoy it.

I am a proect manager and manage a business improvement district. Frankly, its a tad too streeful at the moment as the project is just getting off the ground. I manage a team of eight too and they always seem to be lurching from one crisis to another. I'm gonna carry on as long as I can as my board haven't even gven any thought to replacing me whilst I'm on maternity leave yet. I worked to 38 weeks with both of my other pegnancies but doubt if I'll have the energy to keep going that long. If I can get to 35 weeks I'll be pleased

I'm a teaching assistant but I feel like a housewife because I have had so much time off.

I'm a customer service supervisor working for Somerfield and I hate it. It's stressful, poorly paid and tiring. I'm being forced to step down as supervisor because they've extended their opening hours and I refuse to work till 9.30pm at night. I'm gonna have to become a (rediculously overqualified) checkout operator instead once I've handed in a letter saying I'm resigning from my post. Pissed off cos it means I'll lose 50p and hour in pay, not much but it's the principle.
Having looked into it I can't dispute the change to my contract because I've worked there for less than a year. If I refuse to accept the change of working hours I will receive 28 days notice of my contrct being terminated, and due to being their for less than a year cannot claim unfair dismissal.

They are the worst company I've ever worked for and I'm still fighting to get a risk assessment out of them. I ended up in tears yet again yesterday cos the manager was putting pressure on me to either work until 9.30pm, step down or resign from the company completely.
I'm planning on starting maternity leave at 34 weeks, just cos I hate it there so much.

Definately not going back after mat leave finishes, I'm learning to drive so I can commute to Aberdeen, and go back to my usual profession of working in Administration. I worked for a University for 3 years and really miss the public sector :(

Sorry for the long post but I'm fuming at them, evil, manipulative :x :x :x users :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

muppetmummy, that's awful. my OH got seriously screwed over by a company because he'd worked for them for less than a year - they did it deliberately too. :hug: :hug: i think the sooner you're out of there the better...

i work in tv production. i love my job but i still can't wait to leave now. i hate the commute into central london apart from anything else. i'm going to take maternity leave at 36 weeks, but put some holiday days before that so will hopefully go off at 35 weeks. :cheer: :cheer: i really want to be a SAHM but even if i do end up going back to work, i don't think it'll be back to this. the days are too long and i don't earn enough to make it worth the child care costs... i might go freelance later on if i can though.

im subcontracted working for a fitness promotions company. As im a subcontractor and therefore technically self employed i dont get any maternity leave or pay :cry:

the company closes for end of year in 3 weeks time. It reopens jan 13th but as each promotion lasts at least 6 weeks, i cant really go back as i'd be 8 months pregnant by the end of the first promo , id never have seen any doctor or midwife, and it wouldnt be appropriate for what i do in the job

So i will have a nice early maternity leave!!

BUT it will all kick off 1st March cos me and OH are buying our own gym ...so at 8 mths pregnant we will be moving and starting a business LOL.

Not scared tho cos it will be way less headache than moving every six weeks and not being able to have any Drs or anything like we are now.

I'm a teacher in a boarding school work about 55 hours Monday - Saturday including one night till 11pm.

ARGH what the hell am I doing with my life? :wall:

I'm a teacher and hope to work until I'm 36 weeks but it depends how tired I feel when I get there. I'm planning on taking 9 months maternity leave and then returning 2 days per week. They think I'm going back full time even though I have said repeatedly that I am only returning part time. They are using a higher level teaching assistant to cover my class from March - Summer hols after that...Who knows!

I am a teacher at a secondary school

I don't get maternity pay from the council as I haven't been there long enough and I am planning to work until I drop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back