what job ???

snap chirstina, im exactly the same i work with young kids and their families for social services but im on sick leave at the mo and im takin my mat leave in 4 weeks (11 weeks before babys due) and im not goin back to that job after shes here, maybe do sumthin else part time not sure yet x

I am the sales/marketing department of a tiny IT company and am lucky enough to have a pretty easy-going job. My main gripe at the moment is that all my work colleagues are boys and haven't got a clue about pregnancy, maternity, girls stuff in general. I'd love to have a girl just to chat to sometimes. Thank goodness for internet access :D

Easy job does also mean I'm pretty much here till I drop (barring any problems *crosses fingers*). Guess that's a good thing :?

Im Commercial Director for my own business that I run with my Husband so Im quite lucky in that my hours can be fairly flexible but at the same time the fact that I have responsibility for a business and all the people that work in it means I never truely switch off and will probably be doing bits and pieces right until I give birth!

I am a volunteer home support worker for Sure Start, so I can leave whenever I want, and my hours are really flexible.

i run a building company (with my oh of course) and there is no such thing when you run it from home............phone rings constantly, ordering materials etc.
my OH did take a week off to help though

I was a GP before children but gave up when ds1 was born and have no intentions of going back :) might try a new career possibly photogrpahy as loving that??

My work is office based so i will try and work till around 36 weeks but will choose a date after crimbo im going to see how i feel then.

Can i just check with you ladies after looking at all different websites that the standard maternity leave for a normal full time employee is 39 weeks
6 weeks on 90% pay and the rest on SMP rate and you are allowed your holidays as normal. I finding it all very confusing and just want to be sure im on the right track.

Bloom said:
Can i just check with you ladies after looking at all different websites that the standard maternity leave for a normal full time employee is 39 weeks
6 weeks on 90% pay and the rest on SMP rate and you are allowed your holidays as normal. I finding it all very confusing and just want to be sure im on the right track.

Yep thats the minimum, plus you can have another 3 months on top of that unpaid (1 year in total).

Plus if you get other benefits such as company car, health insurance etc, these should continue.

I'm thinking of working till 36 weeks and taking a year off, then maybe return PT.

I'm a participation officer working with kids in care but I'm largely office based, nose in legal stuff - BLEH!

im aparts delivery driver for toyota dealership.
not sure on when il start leave, hope to be there as long aspossible

im a nurse and i really want to work until about 37 weeks. i managed to 34 or 32 i cant remember with nathan but i was full time then and the ward was bigger and harder and really stessfull so i am hoping i will find it easier this time.

i really want next xmas off so the later i work the less unpaid leave i have to take off. i am then planning to go back the 1st of jan 2009.

before getting pregnant last year, i was a cleaner, bar attendant. Ive got a HND in graphic design and was searching for a 'dream' job as well as the 2 other jobs i had.

sinse then ive been a full time mum. being supported by my OH.

I am a full time toddler wrangler :lol:

I'm 'supposed' to be a housewofe too, but that would include doing housework and I'm too busy either chasing my toddler around the house or on the internet when she's asleep to do any of that nonsence ;) :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back