• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your phobia? (if you have one?)

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Hi, Just though it would be interesting to see what peoples phobias are.

Mine is Spiders... ugh send a shiver down my spine every time.
i wish i could get rid of the phobia as i have visions of ewan chasing me round that house with a spider when he is older!! :talkhand: :roll: :talkhand: :shock: :shock:

I used to be claustrophobic, am better now but still feel panicky in crowds or small spaces - urgh

Mine is spiders too!

I've been a bit worried thinking how I am going to deal with them when LO is here, I would hate for him to pick up my fear, it's so irrational!

Have you thought about it Hypno?

Anyone got any ideas??

My mum was claustrophobic so I think that is where I got mine from :cry:

was thinking about hypno therapy,,, but not keen on some bloke re-arranging my head.

has anyone had hypnotherpy??

mine is spiders too. cant stand being in the same room as them if i know one is there.

worse thing is my oh wants a pet black widow. NO CHANCE MATEY!!!!!

I have a phobia of spiders and broken bones, the thought of them makes me shiver :?

FISH!!!
especially the mucky grey ones, they are slimy and they flap. urgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm scared of beening up side down, can't stand it.

mines is wasps and bees. I have had hypnotherapy and it was pretty succesfull. I am still a bit wary of them but the hypnotherapy enabled me to manage situations that I might find myself in and be frightened or run away like a wasp in the pram.
I had it last may and last summer was the first summer that I had spent a lot of time outside and I wasnt frightened walking by bushes or in my own garden.
All through the 2 sessions I was awake, just relaxed and at no time did I feel out of it, I cant recommend it enough.

im not sure about this one. i suppose it has to be rats and cockroaches

budge said:

You would have hated my house a couple of years ago. I had 4 pet rats and 8 giant madagascan hissing cockroaches. When I first moved ion with OH we had 8 rats :shock:

i have loads but my worse is worms/ smakes once gen brought aloads of worms in the houe ( Gen is our dog) i ran up to my room screaming n crying and rang my dad and he had to come home and sort it out for me as i refused to leave my room till they had gone lol

beanie said:
budge said:

You would have hated my house a couple of years ago. I had 4 pet rats and 8 giant madagascan hissing cockroaches. When I first moved ion with OH we had 8 rats :shock:

I used to have rats too, they are so cute dunno how anyone can hate them :(
I'm interested, how did you keep cockroaches as pets? did you pick them up and play with them etc?

My phobia is anything touching my nails. if i pick something up and my nail scrapes against a surface i feel physically(sp?) sick.

OH winds me up all the time by grabbing my hand and biting my nails :x i will throw up on him one day lol and that'll teach him :lol:

Snakes. I really dont like them lol, if there is a program on tv and a snake is on it i cant watch lol.

Dont know where i got the fear from though :think:

Rachel xx

hearts81 said:
I used to have rats too, they are so cute dunno how anyone can hate them :(
I'm interested, how did you keep cockroaches as pets? did you pick them up and play with them etc?

They lived in a tank. I used to handle them but they aren't really handling pets. I also had a preying mantis, giant african land snails and lots of stick insects til one of my rats ate them all lol. I love rats too, when Seren is old enough for a pet I'm getting her a rat, best pets for children.

Yeah rats are great pets for kids i think but OH is scared of them cos one of my last ones bit him lol.

All the other pets you had sound interesting but they cant be much fun are they?

I think it depends, the stick insects were boring. I only had some as a favour to a mate and ended up with squillions of the damn things. The preying mantis was really interesting to watch, he was called Norman and he was an amazing colour. The land snails were fab, if you held them they would rasp your hand which tickled. I just loved them, they died when my heating broke and the house got too cold, they were massive by that time. I find insects amazing, Seren's going to have an ant farm, a wormery and anyhting else bug related lol

I love bugs too :D OH hates the way i cant kill anything that comes in the house like spiders and flys and i cry if he does!

How big were the snails compared to something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back