What is your home heating source?

Mamafy

Reaction score
I have a woodburner in my lounge plus oil heating but the oil is way too expensive so we're installing a new woodburner and getting it fitted with a boiler to heat water/radiators :yay:

So how do you heat your home?

Gas central heating and an electric fire. But the pilot light for the gas always goes out when its windy its a right pain!!

Gas central heating, we do have a lovely gas fire in the lounge but it's currently still in the box waiting for my dad to build up the inside of the chimney!

Oil for us too! Have a big oil storage thing in the garden! It is bloody expensive but we pay monthly so don't notice as much! Would prefer gas though! X

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Wood burning stove in living room and oil heating. Pay oil weekly on collecting card so doesn't seem as bad when ordering :)

We have night storage heaters downstairs only. No heating upstairs at all- we have to plug in electric heaters in the bedrooms.

XX

Oil for us . Its dear but we put money by weekly for when we will need it and it does last us a good while x works out at about 250 every six months

ooooh i'd love a real fire. We're gas central too & its been on constant for 2 weeks now, goodness knows what my bill will be like

:roll:

We have gas central heating and a woodburner in the lounge so we've got the fire on lots and the heating on as little as possible at the moment - lovely in here but the boys are wrapped up warm in bed because it's so much colder upstairs :blush:

We have gas central heating, I have the heating on low constantly for the whole winter and it works out about the same as having it come on and off high 2ce a day xx

gas central heating for us and a gas fire. rarely use the gas fire, but have had it on a couple of times during the last few days.

Gas heating and I LOVE it!

We moved from a flat with economy 7 - whoever invented that needs to be killed by firing squad!

Our apartment is always so warm and cosy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Gas central heating. But we also have an open fire in every room except the bathrooms & Kitchen, it's a big sprawling Victorian house, so a nightmare to heat but I love having the real fires on, makes it all toastie and lovely :)

Same as your current way M. Buying oil is gonna bankrupt me :(

Gas CH for is too. We live in a new terrace so it's really well insulated, so sitting looking at the snow outside in a very cosy 23 degrees C :).

Central gas heating on two floors/underfloor electric in the loft +underfloor water heating LG floor. Two gas fires in reception rooms. Had them on today cause its freezing. Oh and underfloor heating in thr bathrooms, love warm floors!

sent from my Galaxy s2

gas for us plus open fires in most rooms, which i usually light as its so cold here, live in an draughty old house with massive single glazed windows! think the heating is on constant!

We have an open fire in one living room, and a woodburner in the other. No heating upstairs so have a bed with lotsa blankets :)

We have gas fired underfloor hearing everywhere, no radiators. We have a megaflow cylinder for our hot water, which is run off of our condensing boiler. Cheap to run as the screed in the floor acts like a heat store. Heating bills equate to about 1.3p per hour to run :)

We also have a solid fuel fire in the sitting room. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back