Bloody freezing

widowwadman

Reaction score
So we spent the weekend away and had the brilliant idea to turn the heating off, as to not heat an empty house :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
We've arrived back home 23:30 ish (after a terrifying crawl through snow and ice for hours), put the heating on full blast and tzhe bedroom temperature is still only 13°. Mills is ill as it is, so there's no way I would put her down to sleep in her basket when it's cold like this. currently she's wrapped in a blanket and cuddled by me and feels quite warm, but I really don't want to risk going to bed.

Her nose is blocked, she's super snuffly (thankfully no fever) and I'm worried this is going to make it worse. The bloke has gone to sleep, as he's shattered and needs to get up at 7 for work. I'm shattered too and don't know how to survive tomorrow if I can't go to sleep soon.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

it's snowing here (north east) and freezing, cant feel the heating is on at all so know how you feel.

currently sat in pj's with dressing gown, throw around shoulders and 2 on knee plus cat.

Not sure whether it's still snowing, but it definitely is ice-cold. If it wasn't for Mills I would have just crawled under the duvet with a hot water bottle, but that's not an option and I'm scared the poor snufflenose will get even more ill.

I'm not confident about the co-sleeping thing, so don't want to try that. She's fast asleep on my chest, so at least she is getting some sleep.

I wouldnt know what to suggest, personaly i think i'd be up all night and try and dose sitting up with her in bed :hug:

Call me paranoid, but I'm too scared of falling asleep. It's still only 14° :(

Put a woolie hat on her, you lose heat through your head.

I put Isaac to bed last night with thick socks on and a fleece jumper over his jammie top.

:)

Done the wooly hat thing. We went to bed at 15°, neither of us has slept very well.

Why don't you put her to sleep on your chest and put a blanket, or 2, over you and tuck it in tight each side so if you do nod off she can't go anywhere and roll off of you. The midwives wrapped me & Isaac up like that for skin to skin when he was born. I must admit I didn't sleep very well though but we were both warm and I did 'snooze' which was nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back