What is your daytime routine?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Just wondering what you do with Ur lo's during the day? William tends to be awake more now and I tend to move him between his rocker, swing and playmat when he's awake and we aren't having cuddles but sometimes I think he's a bit bored lol! What does Ur lo's do during the day? Xx

Yeah I think alot of ppl think their LO's are bored. Your LO is still a bit too wee to be showing any sort of emotion...like excitement at toys ect. I do pretty much as you do. Alternate between mat, swing, my knee, kinda goes around like that all day. Remember LO still needs lots of sleep too. Offer him sleep every 1-2 hours (either by putting him somewhere to sleep or rocking/cuddling to sleep) My LO needs at least 20mins every 1-2 hours, if not he's cranky as anything...took me ages to figure out what was wrong with him as i'd assumed he was bored when he was cranky.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks littlemiss..u always offer great advice, I'l make sure he gets those naps in xx

Same as you really Pos.
She has a play mat, a bouncer and a baby book. She also loves looking at lights and the television, she's fascinated with them. We have cuddles too and I sing/talk to her a lot. My OH always does silly things with her like making funny noises and just being a total plonker :lol: She loves it though. I think she's going to be a daddy's girl, she's always staring at him.

She sleeps a lot, although sometimes not for long as she gets disturbed with daytime noises like the t.v. where as in the night time she can sleep for 7 hours straight, she did last night! The room is very quiet and dark though so I imagine that's why. I'm looking forward to when she's alert and showing emotions like littlemiss said. xxx

We try to do something out of the house at least once a day, meeting friends, walking the dog etc timed.roughly.for when she's due for a nap as the car/sling/pushchair knock her out, as.does fresh air! When were home similar to you.guys, but mainly in our arms or on her mat when she's. Awake so we can talk to her. But for every.hour.she's awake (including feeding) she'll then sleep between 2/3hrs after. Must be.tiring all that.new stuff! X

Well we get up about 8 and have bottle. Then he goes between mat bouncer and Moses (for naps) and obv cuddles! If we go out he always falls asleep :)

Im with lettie. weve noticed leo sleeps better at night when has been out. Even for a little while. Then at home its a mix between sofa Moses and Matt. He prefers to be propped up on the sofa left alone xxx

I take Will out most days but worry I have him out too much :roll:

Tiff...7 hours sleep at night!!? U lucky lady! Xx

i feed Finley when he wakes then he goes back down for a couple of hours, then it depends what im doing we may pop to my mums or sisters but he usually sleeps till feed time, we always have cuddle in afternoon and he likes to what tv while laying on his changing mat.

i take each day as it comes im not a strict routine person as i think it restricts your day

Lissy usually feeds between 8 and 830 then she goes in her bouncer and may nap with one eye open, but alternate with the playmat and cuddles with me too. We go out evey day, even just for an hour. She is in her own room in the Moses basket at night but I don't put her in there during the day. She usually has a long sleep at lunch so if we are at home I want to try putting her upstairs for a nap.

I take Will out most days but worry I have him out too much :roll:

Tiff...7 hours sleep at night!!? U lucky lady! Xx

I know, it is a bit insane!
In the hospital after she was born she slept for 8 hours straight, I probably should have slept too but I just sat up watching her :love:

Last night I went to bed at 12am with her, she fell asleep for an hour and then woke up for a bottle. I made another one for her and kept it in a bottle warmer.. but it wasn't needed because she slept til 11am! So she slept for about 10 hours straight. :shock: She definitely needs a long sleep once a day I think, just like her mama! :D I hope she keeps at it, she's such a good girl, even if she does cry out for attention sometimes!

She hasn't slept since we got up today. I was talking and playing with her after her morning bottle and she's been lying on her play mat staring at Cbeebies and the living room light for just over half an hour now, It's the longest she's been so content on her own! :) xxx

Your right Tiff - Your LO will fall asleep again easily when its very dark & quiet, its kinda like adults in a way coz we're tempted to close our eyes if its dark & quiet.

Today I put kayden down for his morning nap in our bedroom, coz were getting work done in house (normally let him nap in living room) & he's slept longer than normal, b/coz of the dark, in our living room we only have blinds, no curtains so light always comes in, think my LO likes it very dark.

Black out blinds are a mummy's best friend!! Esp when they get older & wake when the sun comes up!

OMG! I havent even left the house yet! I've only gotten dressed one day since he was born! He wont let me put him down, he screams if I'm not cuddling him. The midwife seemed to think it was fine, she said the 4 day labour was very hard on him and he needs lots of love and reassurance, I breast feed him almost constantly as it comforts him whether he's hungry or not. I feel really useless compared to you lot!

I've just got a book out of the library called baby skills I think its by Miriam stoppard? Anyway its great its got loads of activities to do with your baby designed to improve their skills, I think it goes from newborn to a year old but its given me some inspiration for things to do with Lo to fill the day cos he was getting so bored!!!

OMG! I havent even left the house yet! I've only gotten dressed one day since he was born! He wont let me put him down, he screams if I'm not cuddling him. The midwife seemed to think it was fine, she said the 4 day labour was very hard on him and he needs lots of love and reassurance, I breast feed him almost constantly as it comforts him whether he's hungry or not. I feel really useless compared to you lot!

don't feel useless hon your doing a great job, my Lo was just the same it was so hard I didn't brush my hair or get dressed for weeks, I couldn't leave the house due to his cluster feeding, persevere it does get better, he is an absolute joy now :) its just some babies need more cuddles, food & attention than others, a good mum is one who gives their baby what it needs and your doing just that xxx

It is totally normal chick, babies cry like they are being murdered. It can be very distressing. One of my friends took her LO to hospital coz she was convinced something was wrong with all the screaming, I think every new mummy is suprised by the amount of crying. I'm not saying your LO needs to get used to being left to cry, but it is absolutely ok to leave them while you get ready or do whatever you need to do. You can get PND if you dont look after yourself & keep a bit of normality. Nothing is going to happen to LO if you dont cuddle him while he's crying...at the bare mimimum just do your essential things like washed/dressed/fed, your MW would advise the same thing if she realised you weren't able to do a thing!

You're not useless at all, you're doing a fab job being a mummy and caring for him, that's what he needs.

I'll be honest I haven't been out much since Grace was born. I went to my parents and my auntie's house when she was about a week old, I went to my parents on Christmas day with her and I've been out with her about 4/5 times after that. It's too cold outside at the moment! I mainly stay in my pajama's all day, it's cosy. I think when the weather perks up and when Grace is more alert/awake, I'll definitely start taking her out. We live in a tourist town so there's lots to see, it's lovely and I know she'll love it :love:

Do what you want to do hun. Some mum's are up and dressed early in the morning and are going out shopping with their baby's and stuff, I will do when I feel the time is right but my confidence is still growing and I'd rather much stay snuggled at home in the warmth playing with her. We're learning every day to be mummy's, there's no need to rush these things, there will be plenty of time for days out and stability. Also yes he does need you right now, he's new to the world and needs reassurance from you that everything is okay :) I'm not sure if it's true but I read that baby's cry to be held because they fear for their safety, something to do with our ancestors and baby's scared of wild animals coming to attack them xxx

Sophie scares me so much when she starts crying for long periods and can't seem to get settled. I feel so awful and that I can't seem to do anything to stop her. However i think it's important you try to get back to normality more. Today I made sure that I got dressed and had a bath and did my hair and makeup and I feel 10 times better for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back