What age to drop daytime sleeps?

maybebaby

Reaction score
ds has refused to nap during the day for 2 days running now. I'm praying he's not decided to drop his daytime sleep altogether, it's completely the wrong time with LO due any day! He did it for about a week in the summer too so hoping it's just a phase and he's start napping again soon :pray:

I was just wondering what age most kids drop their daytime naps?

(BTW I wouldn't mind so much but he regularly wakes twice in the night too and I'm shattered!)

Last edited:
Arianna stopped hers at about 20mths. She will occationaly have one now, but it really only is once in a blue moon.

My nephew is still sleeping in the day for a couple of hours and he's 3 and a half!

Jacob still has a nap from 1:30pm - 3pm and he is 2 tomorrow. I hope it is just a blip for you because with my new son, I find I really need that time when my eldest sleeps.

I have heard somewhere that toddlers should nap till they are about 3-4 ( I remember myself sometimes having a daytime nap at the age of 5) The ones who dont have one just have a very active mind and it is difficult for them to "switch off". The good news are - you have a genious baby, bad news- you are shattered. So they recommended to try and occupy(sp?) toddlers with fun games on fresh air. Basically, let them loose for an hour or two in the garden, or children's play area (of course you have to be the to watch them). And basically let them be wild (like playing with water, mud, touching things like grass etc) I have no idea if it works, Daniel still has his nap :pray: but maybe it is worth a try :hug:

xxx
Carina

Hannah is fast asleep at the side of me now and she is 3

Thanks, I really hope it's just a blip! I'm shattered already and I know it'll only get worse once the baby is here. We've just got back from our music class and he's having a cuddle on the sofa so I hope he goes off in a minute :pray:

He doesn't seem to sleep as much as he should anyway, he goes to bed at 8pm and is up by 6.30 most mornings. I tried putting him to bed earlier and he just woke up earlier :wall: So without a nap that's less than 12 hours a day which doesn't seem enough :?

Gabriella still has one nap in the daytime. It's normally between 1.50 hours to 2.50 hrs long!

Have you tired moving his naptime? I have started putting Gabriella down a bit later now.... :D

millie appears to be showing signs of dropping her remaining nap now. sometimes she only has half an hour and often it's late-ish. average i'd say she naps from maybe 12/1pm lunchtime for an hour or 90 minutes. and she wakes at 7.30am and goes to bed at 7.30-8pm. she isnt much younger than austin too

Ryans started dropping his naptime and wakes in the night again :wall:

But I am hoping it's to do with him having been moved down at nursery. He starts at the new one on Monday which should be a lot better for him and I hope his sleep pattern returns for all our sakes. x :hug:

Thanks for your replies :hug:

He ended up sleeping for 1 1/2 hours this afternoon so hopefully that will carry on :pray:

maybebaby said:
Thanks for your replies :hug:

He ended up sleeping for 1 1/2 hours this afternoon so hopefully that will carry on :pray:

Fingers crossed hun. :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back