what does a contraction feel like?

annaespana1

Reaction score
what does a contraction feel like? (1st stage) Loads have people say you'll know when you get them... but a friend of mine and my mum didn't 'cause they had so many other odd pains here and there they didn't recognise them and ended up being almost full dialated before they realised! :shock:
Another friend said she can't remember the 'pain' as such but she remembers the SOUND of them- that sounds really scary!!! :shock:
so what's your experiences/memories? X

annaespana1 said:
what does a contraction feel like? (1st stage) Loads have people say you'll know when you get them... but a friend of mine and my mum didn't 'cause they had so many other odd pains here and there they didn't recognise them and ended up being almost full dialated before they realised! :shock:
Another friend said she can't remember the 'pain' as such but she remembers the SOUND of them- that sounds really scary!!! :shock:
so what's your experiences/memories? X

LOL the sound of them???' OK that would make me scared too if this was my first time... Think that might be an exaggeration.... I never "heard" mine...

Lets see if I can describe contractions without scaring you... :think: They are very much like Braxton Hicks... but they hurt...

It kinda feels like waves starting from the base of your belly going up and down through your body.... At first they are ok.. you can handle them... but they will take your breath away... but then as you get further and further along it becomes equivilent to someone trying to extract your uterus with a knitting needle through your belly button :rotfl: By which point you are usually in hospital begging for drugs anyway..

If your mum and friend said they didn't realise that they were in labour until ready to pop... take that as a good sign... because that means their labours couldn't have been that painful... and in which case "labour" pain isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

My contractions were very much different from the normal aches and pains... I wasn't sure I was in labour at first... but looking back... they were very different.

they felt like mild period pains to me across the middle and bottom of my stomach. I wasnt even sure if they were a contraction at first and it took about an hour or so before I properly realised and could time them.

Mine were like period pains. My waters had broken so I knew to expect them, otherwise I would have probably put them down to the usual niggley pains

like an orgasm in reverse...

i mean, instead of a gradual build-up of intense pleasure, its a gradual build-up of the most exquisite pain u could imagine!

oh, but it lasts 4 or 5 times longer (in reality, but it seems like 20 times longer!)

and its in ur tummy, not ur cha-cha, obviously.

sorry dont wanna scare u- when i said "exquisite pain" i was talking about the ones near the end when ur almost fully dilated. the ones up until 5cms were just like bad period pains.

This thread is giving me a tummy ache :lol:

I can hardly remember what they're like, I know it hurt though. Can't be too bad cos I'm doing it again :D

both my labour were quite fast so i have never felt the beginning pains but my sis described them as starting of like backache and then her gradually moved to her lower stomach and felt like period pains. the pains i felt first time were like ageneral building up in my stomach that reaches a peak that usually makes you squint your eyes or cry out in pai but then you feel the pain relax and you can breathe thru it again. you cnt really say how much pain you will definately be in becus everyone has different pain thresholds. my second labour the pains were in my back but i coped with them better and didnt have pain relief but i dnt know whether thats becus they were less painful or becus i was 5yrs older and coped better second time round.

xxxxxx

real bad period cramps but building up and then going away. Mine came in waves. You get a pain free break in between them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back