What does it feel like?

teampc

Reaction score
As I'm sat here waiting for de date I've been thinking about labour and wondering what the early signs feel like?

What do early contractions feel like

Are there any tell tale pains to look out for

What does it feel like when your waters go

Etc etc

:)

Early labour for me started with diarrhoea first, lower back pain, then really bad period pain then increased from there. My waters have never gone naturally so I can't help there.
With my singletons I noticed that my bump went very "baby shaped", more snug and tight around baby iykwim x

For me i have very mild periody pains and little niggles, hardly noticeable. Then they woke me up, exactly like period cramps which kept getting stronger. My waters went when i was nearly ready to push i felt alot of pressure and then a relief and warm lol. xxx

For me I had a massive amount of CM!! I literally thought i'd wet myself! Then I had the odd period pain for an hour or so, then BAM huge contractions because Jack was back to back!! You'll defo know when you're contracting hun! :) x

I'm experiencing it now!! Basically I woke up at 4am and was very wet and went for a we'd and I think plug came out! I kept thinking having I peed myself or is it my waters as If I sat up or moved more stuff came out. Was a very clear stuff slightly thicker than water! Was getting light period pain too,
Went to birthing centre at 10am. She hooked me upto heart beat machine and tightenings one which showed I was having the contractions. She did an exam with a swab and speculum and confirmed waters have broken and getting tightenings but not regular enough to be admitted. So I'm at home now, def got worse like very very bad period pains which make me grit my teeth and want to get on all fours or move around! She said il prob be back in tonight in labour or if not they will admit me at 8am tommo. I hope pain don't get worse as it's much worse than I thought!! Lol x

I'm experiencing it now!! Basically I woke up at 4am and was very wet and went for a we'd and I think plug came out! I kept thinking having I peed myself or is it my waters as If I sat up or moved more stuff came out. Was a very clear stuff slightly thicker than water! Was getting light period pain too,
Went to birthing centre at 10am. She hooked me upto heart beat machine and tightenings one which showed I was having the contractions. She did an exam with a swab and speculum and confirmed waters have broken and getting tightenings but not regular enough to be admitted. So I'm at home now, def got worse like very very bad period pains which make me grit my teeth and want to get on all fours or move around! She said il prob be back in tonight in labour or if not they will admit me at 8am tommo. I hope pain don't get worse as it's much worse than I thought!! Lol x

Ho they get worse, best advice is stay calm n keep focused that you can do it!!! Warm baths really help n keep topped up with Paracetamol

Labor for me starts as regular pains in my lower bump n bk that over time get a lot worse n stronger, my waters this time were trickling n I thought I were peeing my self every time I got pain I wanted go loo,

Then my plug fell out first time second time I wiped n had to pull it out hahaha.

So the only thing that seems constant, is period type pains :)

I figuire I'll know when it's happening but it doesn't stop m wondering about it whenever I'm sat with nothing to do lol

I actually thought it was starting last night, I had period pains and back pains but not particularly bad, so I went to sleep and figured they would wake me up f they got worse and it was happening......I slept straight through lol so. Guess it was nothing :)

I dont know what its like naturally, I was induced, waters being broken for you feels like a massive gush, there's no mistaking it for pee. Pains are like a sharp period pain every so often, then die down, and come back. Dont really know if I can put into words what the last couple of hours is like - think eye watering x100

My hind waters went at a party. I knew it was them straight away but they didnt gush, just kept getting wet. My contractions came strong and fast but I thought they were barable until close to the end. Pushing him out felt like my mooey was being burnt but didnt last long at all, two pushes and he was here. xxx

Hey :),
My waters broke when i was sat on the loo, no pain or warning that it was gonna happen, i was 32 weeks pregnant :shock:. I thought that i was doing a really long wee, then thought i was incontinent (you don't expect your waters to break so early), but after 15 mins of water pouring out i realized something was up!!! I went into labor naturally a week later, started as really bad back pains and i was bleeding terribly!! Went to hosp, pains just get worse and worse. It took ages to push him out around two hours of pushing nightmare!!!! xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
It was all lower back pain for me, felt like period pain in my back that started just niggley but got stronger and stronger, I didn't really have much pain in my tummy.. I didn't realise that it was contractions I was having until they got quite strong

Don't know what your waters going feels like cause I just woke up in a puddle :lol:

xxx

Come on baby teampc!!!!!! Your mummy wants to meet you :)

Saw midwife this morning, she said he will come when he's ready lol got an appointment for next Monday for a sweep if needed and then probably next Wednesday for induction
My money would be on this weekend I reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back