What does this mean?

Aida

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a scan and the sonographer has moved my due date forward by a week !!! She is not my doctor and frankly I don't like her very much, so I did not feel comfortable asking her a lot of questions but I will be seeing my doctor next week and I will ask him everything then.

In the interim, does anyone know what this means? Does it mean I might give birth earlier or is the baby larger than normal? She said he certainly has longer legs but it didn't come as a surprise since both OH and i are quite tall...... :think:

a friend of mine in australia had the opposite problem as her due date kept getting pushed back with her second cos she was as small baby. However baby was born on the original due date as my fiernd always knew she would be.

Ignore snographer, you were there when you concienved they weren't and are only going on size of the baby.

Sandi

I'm fairly sure the most accurate timescale to tell the EDD (estimated date of delivery) of a baby is between 8-12 weeks as really definite measurements can be done.

I would feel doubtful about this information, and would think it must be likely you are carrying a bigger baby than 'normal' rather than your due date being brought forward, this would be really unusual, I think.

Valentine Xxx

I'm with Valentine here. I had a scan at 32 weeks (to check the placenta) and they said they wouldn't do measurements then as from about 28 weeks babies all grow at different rates. I wouldn't worry and stick to your original dates, mine were from the scan at 23 weeks and I was only 2 days off in the end. :hug:

apparently the only time they can date a pregnancy from a scan is the first trimester, after that babies all grow at different rates :think: if u got given a date in first tri from a scan i'd stick to that :hug:

Thanks to all you lovely ladies for the feedback :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back