what does a contraction feel like?

annaespana1

Reaction score
what does a contraction feel like? (1st stage) Loads have people say you'll know when you get them... but a friend of mine and my mum didn't 'cause they had so many other odd pains here and there they didn't recognise them and ended up being almost full dialated before they realised! :shock:
Another friend said she can't remember the 'pain' as such but she remembers the SOUND of them- that sounds really scary!!! :shock:
so what's your experiences/memories?

at first i wasn't sure.. i had dull period type aches but no 'pains' as such. then I started getting little shooting pains in my back (back to back labour) but they didn't last long, bit like a trapped nerve.. it's right what they say though.. they kind of peak then fade. Once I was in established labour though there was no way i could of kidded myself that it wasn't contractions.. but bear in mind that was at 5cm.. before then i was convinced it was just normal pains :D

Sweetcheeks24 said:
at first i wasn't sure.. i had dull period type aches but no 'pains' as such. then I started getting little shooting pains in my back (back to back labour) but they didn't last long, bit like a trapped nerve.. it's right what they say though.. they kind of peak then fade. Once I was in established labour though there was no way i could of kidded myself that it wasn't contractions.. but bear in mind that was at 5cm.. before then i was convinced it was just normal pains :D

same here, I was sitting on here talking to the girls in the chat room saying I was having cramps. cramps is the best word I can use to describe the feeling really, but once the biggys come you'll definately know it :) i was uncomfortable but not particularly in pain until 5cm.

backache that came in waves along with period pain type cramps.

oh eck. ive never had period pains so i dont know what to look for :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back