What do you think?????

hels

Reaction score
Hi there..
Last night we had quite a good night. We tried some new things, just wondering what you all think?
The other night we had a terrible night....i think it could be due to
1. smelling milk on me so not settling with me.
2. My friends had been round, so she was cuddled for a few hours, maybe over stimulated?
3. She was sick after feeds, MW said she had probably been too greedy and he tummy was hurting???
SOOOOO.......
last night Charlotte started rooting spot on time at 7pm, so i fed her for 25 mins, then she was ready for more at about 10 to 8, so itried to distract her, OH took over soothing her, so she didnt smell milk. Put her off til 9.30, when she only took a little, then again at 10.30 she wanted more, and OH managed to put her off til 11.30 when she had a good feed for about 30 mins.
After this feed OH went to bed and i soothed her and finally got her settled at about 01.00, she slept til 6, had a feed then slept until 8.30!!
Im sure that many of you wont agree with not feeding her on demand, but if she was making herself sick and this worked do you think its worth trying it again??
I hope you all dont think im horrid! I have woke up feeling much better than yesterday, when i really felt very down.
any comments????????

I say if she wasn't screaming and getting overly distressed then you are right she was only wanting to suck for comfort and I would carry on as you are as it is obviously working for you. If there's one thing I've learned it's that there is no right or wrong way, only a way that either works or doesn't work for you and your family. It takes a few weeks of trial and error and if you get it wrong once thats fine, try something else next time. I'm still struggling with Rubies feeding even now, I cannot work her out at all. You are doing a fantastic job.

Im sure that many of you wont agree with not feeding her on demand,

Since I stopped shoving my boob in Ella's mouth all the time she's been so much more settled. I make sure she has 6-7 good feeds a day (from when we wake up between 6-8 and when we go bed anytime between 10-11), she never gets upset for food (apart from a bit of grumbling but that's at feeding time). Having a dummy has really helped her settle between feeds. What works for you is what works for you! Stuff anyone else.

You need to be happy aswell hon!

So often in the first few weeks you can't tell why they're crying and it's not always food so as long as she's feeding well when she does feed then don't worry! And if she seems happier generally you're on the right track! I was much harsher than that and put my boy on a 3 1/2- 4 hour routine at about 2 weeks as he would otherwise have snacked 24 hours a day! You know your baby best... :)

I am a born again routine fan and I know plenty of mothers who are too. If it feels right for your baby you do what's best for you

+++

Hels well done, sounds like Charlie was quite happy with the routine and the results were brilliant!

You're doing a great job hun :D

Lucy
Olivia 1 wk 4 days

Thank Lucy!
Iwas hoping to feed her at 3,6,9 and 12......but its not 2 yet and were feeding!!
Should i have any baby toys to stimulate her does any one know? i sound really dumb i know! she isnt really in to her play gym.
Thanks to you all!!

Rubie isn't in the slightest bit interested in toys, she much prefares the wall or ceiling, god knows what she finds so interesting to look at. She also loves it if I sing to her, even though my voice is horrendous!! I have just bought her some childrens song cd's and play them to her and sing along. I love it even if she doesnt :wink:

Rubie isn't in the slightest bit interested in toys, she much prefares the wall or ceiling, god knows what she finds so interesting to look at.

Olivia loves looking at the lights behind our sofa - they're little fairy type lights and she can stare at them for ages - great distraction when it's nappy changing time :)

Lucy
Olivia 1 wk 4 days

for songs for kids try going to the cbeebies website and onto the tweenies section. They have lots of good songs, my favourite is 'peter rabbit has a fly apon his nose'. From a very early age Isang Jessica songs with hand actions. I read somewhere they liked this and it worked.
Its the repetativness they like and my finest hour was when at 1 year she copied the actions to peter rabbit. She copied the twinkle twinkle actions much sooner but it just shows how much they take in.
Sing, sing, sing :eek:

LOL Kim, My voice is terrible too, but Charlotte likes it when i put on MTV and sing along, swaying her to the music. On saturady i sung her 'you'll never walk alone' as i was watching my boys v ManU. She loved it!! her Mummy's girl....it actually made me quite emotional!! LOL[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back