Being Sick or Posseting?

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi

I was only saying yesterday to the MIL how well Heidi is doing by not being a sicky baby and then after her feed at 8.00 last night she threw up (she was in her bouncy chair - so I saw it happening, picked her up and made sure there was no more for her to swallow / choke on.

Last night in bed she did it again after her last feed - even though I spent ages winding her because I was worried she would do it whilst in her moses basket lying flat - although she never seems very windy.

Anyway when we got up this morning I noticed in her moses basket that it had gone all down the inside of the basket as well, which means she must have projectiled vomited for it to reach the sides.

I am really worried about this espeically as I didnt hear her being sick and she is only inches away from my head (we are sleeping at the foot end of the bed and her basket is at the foot of the bed) - paranoia I know :?

Has anyone elses baby been sick like this in the night with / without projectile vomiting and what is the safest course of action? I was wondering whether to slightly raise her mattress at the head end to ensure that the sick runs out so she doesnt choke - or is this unsafe too?

It is soooo worrying being a parent - arghghhghghg :cry: :cry:

L x

Hi there i have this same problem with frankie after each feed well not all of them but most of them anyway she has a tendency of projectiling her milk after she has been fed and even when she has been layed back down although she has been winded she still seems to do this. I remember my little boy doing the same and we raised his matress under the moses basket at one end which did help a little. Mindue saying that frankie does tend to be a bit greedy with her feed and ends up gulping it down really quick although she has the slow flow teats on her bottles. But id try not to worry to much this isnt that uncommon for baby's to do this.

Rubie does it every night, there's always sick in her moses basket. She has never choked, if she startes spluttering I would hear her and so would you, don't worry :D

Thanks girls

Kim - you dont know how much better I feel after I read your post! (not that its nice for Rubie of course!)

I have started her on a little routine today and at the moment she is in bed (in our room) in her moses basket with the door shut - so I have the monitor glued to my ear at the moment!

I'm just worried in case she doesnt spit it out and choke but the HV also said today that it is perfectly fine and I shouldnt worry too much. I came on here first though as I knew you lot would help

cheers

L x

I wouldnt worry - its completly normal for them to be sick a bit & it usually goes to one side even if they are flat on there backs. It does help raising the matress though if your worried. Just put a towel or something under it or a book under the stand.

It is worrying, I know how you feel

x

Thanks Duds

Thats weird cos I put a folder towel under the legs of it last night!!!! Touch wood she hasnt been sick since so I'm hoping it was a 'one off'

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back