OMG - 6.5 hours sleep!

Crackers

Reaction score
Well last night was MUCH better than the night before! I gave J her bottle at 9.30, lights down and all quiet. Put her in crib and she started grizzling a little, so gave her dummy. By 10.30/11pm (not exactly sure...) we were both asleep! I had to keep putting dummy back in, but it worked!

Then she woke at 2 for a feed, back to sleep at 2.30.

She woke up about 5ish, but wasn't properly awake for a feed, so I put her in with me for an hour and she slept soundly til 6.30!

The day/night thing def helped. But I also played with her for a bit after her 3pm feed so she didn't sleep the whollllle day

during the day you should aim for a lil baby to have 45 mins awake time including feeding time between naps i think might not be til 4 weeks that tho. it used to take about 20 - 30 mins for alyssa to take a feed at 2 or 3 weeks so 15 mins playtime n changing sounds about right to me then an hour or 2 nap then repeat lol. now at 12 weeks alyssa is awake for 1 hr 30 mins to 2 hrs then hour nap

Maybe that's another problem for us...J takes her bottles so quickly! Sometimes literally within 15mins she could wake, feed and burp!

J is 3 weeks tomorrow so I'm guessing keeping her awake for 30mins is fine, especially as she seems happy enough when I do! (and it's only after one feed)

You guys seem so clued up - thanks again for the advice!

Well last night was MUCH better than the night before! I gave J her bottle at 9.30, lights down and all quiet. Put her in crib and she started grizzling a little, so gave her dummy. By 10.30/11pm (not exactly sure...) we were both asleep! I had to keep putting dummy back in, but it worked!

Then she woke at 2 for a feed, back to sleep at 2.30.

She woke up about 5ish, but wasn't properly awake for a feed, so I put her in with me for an hour and she slept soundly til 6.30!

The day/night thing def helped. But I also played with her for a bit after her 3pm feed so she didn't sleep the whollllle day

This sounds like my night last night!! :)

lol we have all helped each other get this far, all i know i learned from ladies or links off here so im just parroting things but theyre useful things. im not one to pretend i know much

brill! fingers crossed it keeps getting better!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back