What do you do with your time?

nikkif

Reaction score
Just wondering what you mummies to be are doing during the day with your maternity leave or with your time if you don't work??

I have some days planned with meeting up with family and friends etc and i know i will need to rest and get last minute bits sorted for baby, but just wondering how you are all finding your time off?

xx

I started maternity leave 5 weeks before my due date and spent the first 3 weeks cleaning, meeting up with friends on their days off from work, cleaning, shopping and a bit more cleaning. But, once i only had two weeks to go i was too scared to leave the house in case i went into labour so have been getting quite bored.

My due date was Saturday and nothing happened so i am now in my sixth week and just watching daytime tv, sleeping, eating and hoping something will happen soon.

Gemxx

Aww i hope things happen for you very soon xx

Well having just moved to the area i do not know anyone so have spent most of the time at home with DS and the odd trip into town just for amusement

I've been packing up my house as I'm moving on Friday :cheer:

I'm hoping my internet will get transferred to new address quickly or I wont be able to come on forum for a bit :(

Other than packing I have just been on here, watching daytime tv and eating! :wink: :hug:

I spend most of my time here, you know you all do too :oops:

I spend the majority of my time on here to be honest!!

If the forum is having a quiet day I'll do some house jobs or pop into town but I always regret it cos I get so tired so easily and walking is very painful at the moment.

leckershell said:
I spend the majority of my time on here to be honest!!

If the forum is having a quiet day I'll do some house jobs or pop into town but I always regret it cos I get so tired so easily and walking is very painful at the moment.

Ditto :oops:

Hey!

I have been off sick for a few weeks and now on annual leave and i have some really boring days which i just try and fill with doing house work (i have become obsessed with cleanliness!), watching tele and doing jigsaws!! Not done them since i was younger but do find it quite relaxing.

The OH is off work too at the minute and some days its a blessing when i have a real bad back or something but we just get under each others feet....arghhhh...

And i eat lots too....lollies are my downfall and chocolate bars if i have any but do try and refrain from buying lol

Snuggle said:
I've been packing up my house as I'm moving on Friday :cheer:

I'm hoping my internet will get transferred to new address quickly or I wont be able to come on forum for a bit :(

Other than packing I have just been on here, watching daytime tv and eating! :wink: :hug:

This is EXACTLY me!!
Packing, eating biscuits on the sofa, TV, Internet.... :wink:

Can't believe there are so many of us having babies & moving houses...good job it's us that are prego and not our other halfs otherwise nothing would get done :rotfl:

i took 7 weeks off b4 i had LO (3 weeks holiday 4 weeks maternity) and i did bugger all with my time lol! watched lotsa daytime tv, came on here a lot hehe, tidied & cleaned, went out for little walks and visited friends & family.
I AM SO GLAD I TOOK 7 WEEKS OFF!! being a mum is not hard work (its not difficult to change a nappy or bounce a baby on ur knee!) BUT it is VERY TIME CONSUMING! this morning it took me 4 hours to get ready to go out for a walk. getting myself showered & dressed & fed and also my baby bathed & dressed was interrupted many times by her needs for feeding, winding, changing and cuddles!
n joy the time 2 urselves ladies! xx

I had to leave work at 16 weeks because of the job that I do, and I have had some boring days!

I have been decorating my nursery in my house and my moms. Buying things, spending money money and a bit more money! I have bought over £500 worth of clothes now - just for baby!
I own a cottage I rent out for holidays so I clean that once a week... and I walk the dogs a lot, and come on the internet a lot, and watch Jeremy Kyle! And I paint mirrors to sell just as a bit of a hobby.

And thats about it really.... I can't wait to get back to work.... seriously!

Piglet xx

haha, sounds like you can't...but question is will you be able to once little one arrives!!! You may change your feelings lol

painting mirrors sounds like good fun but i havent got the patience...

wish i could walk my dogs....cant go far i waddle haha

Im grateful i already have a child too look after, he certainly makes thew time pass faster and we do have fun with drawings and making stuff with playdough ect.
Plus the internet, would go mad without it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back