What do labour pains feel like?

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
What do labours pains feel like? Are they always period like pains? The reason I am asking is that I have just had quite bad pains in my lower back - but no period like pains except when I need the toilet but that has been the case for the last month or so.

I am actually due today and I would love to have her arrive soon. She hasn't been as active these last couple of days but she is still moving around.

labour pains feel like your insides are being scraped out with a scalpel

budge said:
labour pains feel like your insides are being scraped out with a scalpel

Yes that's exactly it,nothing to worry about then :rotfl: xx

its the truth. no point in beating around the bush. Gas and air helps though ALOT! And theres a build up to the pain too which helps.

So are you saying that the first labour pains you feel, feel like that or not? As you also said there is a build up to the pain?

When i was in very early labour i was getting twinges every 10 mins or so. They weren't really painful but i would say ouch with each one,didn't think anything of it though until my waters broke :D xx

They were right at the bottom of my bump,like little stabbing pains.These started about 19 hours before i had my baby and gradually got worse through the day xx

I have to say i dont remeber my labour pains, i can hear u say yea yea thats what they all say!! but thats the truth.

BUT what i do remeber was early labour and the pressure in my lower back was horrible that was reallly bad pain and intence pressure, and once my waters broke it lay off abit.

Hope it happens for u soon hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back