What do I do???

Jade89

Reaction score
Ive been having braxton hicks contractions for a while now, and i'm sure it says somehwere that if you have 4 or more in hour, call your midwife...i'm sure ive had more than 4 in the past half an hour :shock: They arent really painful, just a tightening feeling quite low down like someone is squeezing a ball inside me! If that makes sence?

I think thats just in earlier pregnancy hun...i have braxton hicks all the time and i was told by MW it was normal towards the end of preganancy and depending on the person..in fact im having 1 now lol

me 2 :shock: They seem to be coming fast but arent painful.

its perfectly normal its just you're body preparing ... i have them loads from about 36 weeks.

Still here lol

Braxton Hicks stopped after the last one I posted about, just a bit weary of how many I was having lol, I only ever get about 3 per night, last night I think I got that in half an hour.

I remember when I was frustrated about how a braxton hick contraction felt because i'd never felt one before, but now I wanna know how a real contraction feels coz I just can't imagine having one lol.

Oh well, only 16 Days til due date!

How do you know what an actual braxton hicks is and when do you start having them?

My tummy goes tight occasionaly but its not that noticeable tbh

My braxton hicks feel like something inside your belly is tightly getting squeezed, and my belly goes more round and hard like a basketball. They arent painful, just uncomfortable and weird! Mine happen at night.

Yeah I reckon I must of had them then, cos it only really happens to me at night and like you said its not painful just uncomfy!

Aww Jade, hang in there hun, it'll happen when bubs decides they are ready to come into the world, make the most of being able to sleep at night!! :hug:

mine make me so uncomfy and my belly goes square and i can see bubbas bum and leg its a bit scary lol, i was worrying too coz i started having them every 8 mins but it never came to anything:)

littlelady87 said:
mine make me so uncomfy and my belly goes square and i can see bubbas bum and leg its a bit scary lol, i was worrying too coz i started having them every 8 mins but it never came to anything:)

I had them like that but every 6 mins last night :wall: think our bodies are teasing us :(

i know i had them like that for 3 days and all my family got worked up, i have upset them now lol

Jade89 said:
Still here lol

Braxton Hicks stopped after the last one I posted about, just a bit weary of how many I was having lol, I only ever get about 3 per night, last night I think I got that in half an hour.

I remember when I was frustrated about how a braxton hick contraction felt because i'd never felt one before, but now I wanna know how a real contraction feels coz I just can't imagine having one lol.

Oh well, only 16 Days til due date!

your BH will get more strong and regular now. Its your bodys way of teasing you and getting you ready for the big day.
thats why loads of women have loads of false alarms around this time.

that is why i never wake alan up a) he wont be happy because my timing is while he is working night shifts.

b) he would just say whatever roll over then id get in a grump :rotfl:

Vicki83 said:
Aww Jade, hang in there hun, it'll happen when bubs decides they are ready to come into the world, make the most of being able to sleep at night!! :hug:

Sleep? ha, whats that then?

SPD keeps me up most nights, it takes me about half an hour to turn over in bed because if i lie on one side too long my body starts to go numb, so i have to make about 6-8 little turns to get on to my other side which is really really painful for my pelvis and inner thighs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back