What do you do with a birthing ball?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Maybe_mummy, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Maybe_mummy

Maybe_mummy Well-Known Member

Ive borrowed one of these balls from my sister its a gym ball etc, I have very sore hips (which im sure a lot of you have) and been having some painfull braxton hicks so thought might help. Well i dont actually know what to do on it. I would like to get myself going if I can as booked for induction on Thursday so if I can go naturally maybe better. I bounce and tried rotating my hips clock wise and anti clock wise cos i know shes heads down but dont know if shes engaged and want to make sure shes in the right place. Only thing is when Ive done this I get painfull braxton hicks and sore thighs (which are least of my problems LOL)

Thanks
    X

2. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

i do the same hun i guess ur suposed to use it relieve the pressure off ur hips (bought mine for my back) i find instead of sitting on the setee i'll sit on my ball to straighten myself out, it's also supposed to help open ur pelvis

3. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

Bouncing and rotating hips Is hood - I do that too. Also try lying across it - kneel on the floor and rest across it that's suppose to be good for positioning baby well too! Have fun! :)