what blood group are you ? can you help ? we are looking for blood group AB negative

hotsexymum

Reaction score
what blood group are you ? i have a friend that needs to find blood group

can you help ? we are looking for blood group can you help ? we are looking for blood group AB negative..

have a rare disorder called severe aplastic anemia, my bone marrow isn't creating anyblood cells

and needs bone marrow transplant, if not then he will have to be on steroids and other drugs and go under blood and other cell transfusions until a donor can be found,

Last edited:
Sorry i can't help i'm B+. I hope you find the type you are looking for xx

B+ here too hun :(

I really hope you get a donor :hug:

A+ here too :( hope you find someone xx

:hug: thank you :hug: its for a friend of my he is only 16 and is in hospital now ill :( xxxx his family have been good to me so if i can help them , :hug: hope we find one

Is there a reason why it has to be AB negative? I don't know how things are different with a bone marrow transplant but for a blood tranfusion someone who is AB- could be given O-, A-, B- or AB-

Sorry I can't help though - I'm O positive :( x

It could be to do with antibodies Lynn, I have various antibodies in my blood and if I need a transfusion I need my exact blood match and can't be cross-matched :) I have to carry a card so I'm guessing its something like that :)

It could be to do with antibodies Lynn, I have various antibodies in my blood and if I need a transfusion I need my exact blood match and can't be cross-matched :) I have to carry a card so I'm guessing its something like that :)

I thought it would be something complicated I had no idea about :oooo: People with AB have antibodies to the A and B antigens though, so I just assumed that someone with A or B alone (or no antigens if they're O) might also be a match. If that's the case you might need someone with more than just the same blood type though?

thank you all i have tryed to give blood but cos am 6 stone they woat take it :( it silly as i want to do it thanks for reply am so greatfull hope i can find someone to mach xxx

thank you all for replying :) so greatfull hope i find some one to match , i have tryed to give blood but can not cos am only 6 stone :( xxxx

I'll check my notes to see what I am Moo....I cant honestly remember x

I'll check my notes to see what I am Moo....I cant honestly remember x

thank you xxxxxx i sooo fell for the family my friends when some thing is soooooo rare its hard xxxxx no harm in asking as you never know xxxx

im a+ but I THINK my mum might be ab neg...shes something rare anyway i shall ask her later when she calls :) she does give blood alot so worth asking her i guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back