Blood Test Results *Update #5*

dannii87

Reaction score
Wow girls! You're fantastic! Thanks so much for all your lovely messages and advice and links, they've really helped :hug:

So, I had my doctors appointment today armed with my questions! He tested my urine and said there is an infection somewhere but he can't figure out where or what it is. (That's a good sign from what I've been reading!)

Anyway, he said he doesn't think it's a urine infection, so they've sent the sample off to "grow" the bacteria and see what comes up.

I have my next MW appointment of Thursday, by which time my results should come back :)

I asked him if he was concerned at all, and his reply was "at this stage, as I don't know what it is, I wouldn't say I'm overly concerned. As a Doctor, we are trained not to be concerned until we know the facts" which in a roundabout way says he's not overly concerned I think lol :lol:

Cheers again girls, I'll update here when I get my results!

(By the way, all these bloody urine samples, how the friggin' heck can they expect a pregnant woman to pee in that tiny bottle when you can't even see where you're weeing!!!?)

Right, here goes...

Mum & step dad go on holiday on Wednesday and even they're worrying (they always play things down)...

OK so had my doc appointment today, didn't need another blood test, they wanted to test my urine first and get the results back before anything else.

Iron levels are creeping up which is great and the doc seems alright with that, but my white blood cells are really high apparently!

He checked my temperature, throat, nose, ears, bladder - No infection. So he said I need further tests because he can't find an infection. I thought that was a good thing, turns out it really isn't :(

He kept asking me "are you sure you're ok urinating? It's not painful or anything?" I told him it was absolutely fine and I've had no problems what so ever. He seemed concerned at that and I left without asking any god damn questions!

SO... I'm going to book another doc appointment tomorrow as I've googled it and do NOT like what I've read. Leukemia, Lupus, arrrggghhh I hate google.

Please help, anyone know what it could be? What are the chances that they might make me go to hospital for tests? If I have to go, what will they do? How long for? Eeek sorry ladies! x

I had another blood test on Thursday due to my iron levels... They called me Friday morning to say I need to see a doctor ASAP (tomorrow) for more bloods AND a urine sample due to my "blood test results" but of course, again, they cannot tell me what they are :wall:

She also said "Dr Neelagiri has asked me to ask you how you are feeling?" I told her I was nackered but that was to be expected and she said "OK, well speak to him on Monday because he may want to sign you off for 2 weeks" sooooo... Why does he need to do that?! What is wrong with me? Am I ok? Is Evie ok? Do you know what I mean?! I just want answers!!

I will update you all tomorrow... Does anyone have any ideas as to why they would need a urine sample?! Surely that's got nothing to do with my iron levels?

And isn't it a little bit quick that I had my bloods done one day and they call me the very next morning regarding the results?! :think:

OK, had an absolute nightmare today!!

My iron levels are 6.1 :think: (anyone who can enlightem me - Much appreciated!)

Anyway, got to the docs and went to check in... They'd entered my appointment on the WRONG Thursday!! My doctor came out to explain my results and when I said that my appointment had been mixed up she had a bit of a go at the receptionist... She said she'd like to see how I get on with the tablets but to definitely come in next Thursday for the blood test. She said I'll probably need another one the week after and if the levels haven't improved enough by then, she's going to get me in to see someone (I can't remember their title!? :think: ) to see what options I have.

Anyway, my antibodies are low(ish) too but she said they weren't really anything to be worried about but she'll keep an eye on them anyway at my next blood test.

SO, not a complete waste of a doc trip but still, I was so annoyed that they'd got the date wrong for my blood test!!! :wall: TUT!!

Grrr!!! :wall:

Went to pick up my prescription for the iron tablets this morning and my doc wandered past, I asked if she could spare 5 mins to explain my results and she said she'd quickly read up about my results and will call me to the hatch thing ASAP..

So 15 mins later she beckoned me over and said that my iron levels are dangerously low with a very "doctor like" stern look. She said one of the lowest she's ever seen. She must have thought I was crazy when I smiled a bit!!

My initial thought was "FFS!! The lady told me last night they were low, why couldn't she have just said 'they are VERY low' eh!?" *Sigh* :roll:

So she said, the worst case scenerio if they don't improve would be a blood transplant before Evie's born and could cause potential problems at birth... I really had no idea that things could get that serious?!

But anyway, I'm just thankful there was nothing else wrong, I think I was expecting something TERRIBLE lol! Even though "dangerously low iron levels" is pretty terrible, it's not the worst I was expecting which is good!

I'm just really annoyed that the lady was authorised to tell me I am anaemic, but couldn't tell me that the bad thing was because of my iron levels if that makes sense?!

So... They're expecting for me to have many more bloods done because they're so low :( I hate blood tests!! I think I might scrap the epi idea after all this lol :lol: xxx

Hmmm... Not sure what to think to be honest...

I had a blood test on Thursday afternoon, the MW said to me "this should be your lot - unless there is something wrong" as I was very nervous!

Anyway, got a phone call at about 6pm tonight from the Docs surgery. The lady said I'm anaemic and have extremely low iron levels, she said it was pretty bad and would advise that I start taking the tablets ASAP.

This doesn't worry me because I know it can be fixed with tablets and so many women get it during pregnancy, it's what she said next!

THEN, she said "we need you in ASAP to repeat the blood test and the Doctor needs to explain something else that came up in your results" and I asked what it was but she said she couldn't tell me and that I needed to book to speak to a Doc, face-to-face.

SO... I asked if it was Diabetes or something not so sinister and she said "look, I really can't talk about it. You need to speak to your Doctor ASAP, when can I book you in?"

I'm really worried :cry: xxx

oh danni, i really have no idea what it could be, but try not to stress about it until you see the doctor, it won't do you or evie any good hun :hug:

when are you booked in hun? :hug:

:hug: :hug:

I hate it when they do this. Ring you up and make you worry. When are you booked in?

Aww :hug: :hug: Try not to worry although I know that isn't an easy thing to do. Get into the docs as quick as you can. I'm sure it is probably something minor but receptionists always make it sound worse than it is because they aren't allowed to know on account of patient confidentiality :hug: :hug:

Keep us updated hun :hug:

At my GP's, only docs or nurses give results on the phone, so it is not so bad.

Aaww Dannii....They would have left me worrying too....Hope it isn't anything too bad.

I think the 28 bloods test for antibodies and anaemia. So, not sure what they could have found.

Good luck though :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww love :hug: :hug: :hug: of course your worried im sure and hope that its nothing to worry about
hope the iron tablets work swiftly mine did after i got anemia from loss of blood during labour so your right its is treatable

whens your appoinment hunny hope its very soo so that you can get the answers you need and the reasurance :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: i bet that was horrible to hear over the phone. i cant think what it would be!? i hope it all goes alright for you hun, stay positive and let us know what the outcome is. thinking of you... :hug:

Thanks girls! I just can't think what it could be?! :think:

Well, they asked to see me tomorrow as my docs get booked up really quickly but the only appointment they had left was first thing tomorrow but I have a client coming in to see me who will be travelling straight to our office from their home and I only have her office number so can't even postpone it.. Wednesday I'm out all day with my MD so that day is out of the question...

She just said as long as it's this week and doesn't roll into next week it should be ok. She said if my doc is around tomorrow morning (8:30) when I pick up my prescription for the iron tablets, they'll try to slot me in to have a chat, but other than that, my appointment is Thursday. :( xx

I'd be worried if they'd said that to me, but if they've said it has to be this week then id assume its something they can "fix" be it an infection or whatever.

i really have no idea what it could be but if it was THAT urgent surely they'd get you an emergency appointment.

I hate the receptionist at ours, she rang my house and was all funny with my mum, she wanted to talk to me but i was asleep (during one of my not feeling too good days) and she'd take a message or whatever, they got really funny saying she had to talk to me now and making out it was really urgent, turned out all they wanted was to postpone an appointment. She'd got both of us really worried something was wrong. Seem some receptionists have no concept of how what they say to us can make us worry

I'm not surprised you are worried hun.
I hope it goes ok with the doctor, hopefully he/she will squeeze you in twm.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

in my experience docter's receptionists tend to be power hungary b1itches who need to get a life.

Sandi

Ummm I don't think she can divulge certain information to you anyways. It may well be nothing major, just something she does not have the authority or permission to inform about. It requires a Doctor to inform and discuss.

Try not to worry as until you know what it is, you cannot do much anyways. Keep thinking positive.

Hope the iron tablets work quickly, i found that i have so much more energy since i started taking mine.

I don't think its fair that your MW should make you worry like that, and like someone has said if it was an emergancy they would have fitted you in there and then.

Hope everything is ok. :hug:

I would ring back and ask if your GP can at least call you - explain that you're worried. I expect it's something simple, try not to worry yourself too much.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I hope they were able to fit you in this morning.
I'm sure its just the receptionist not being allowed to explain results over the phone, its the same in my surgery.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sandi4Paul said:
in my experience docter's receptionists tend to be power hungary b1itches who need to get a life.

Sandi

We have bad cop, good cop version of receptionists at our surgery. When you ring and get the nice one you know she will give you an emergency appointment but you get the cow and she won't give you an appointment.

Oh Dannii I hope everything is ok, I bet it is something small but as the others say she couldn't tell you over the phone because of confidentiality

:hug: :hug:

Mx

I hope everythings ok Dannii!
I got a call like that once (not when pregnant) off my docotrs receptionist!
I was worried what could be so bad that they need to see me ASAP!?
I got there and my thyroid was a little low (I have an underactive thyroid) and they wanted to up my prescription??? WTF? That could have waited! I thought I was seriously ill or something?!
What Im trying to say is I hope its nothing and its just the way they like to scare you lol :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww I'm sorry they had to scare you like that. I think everyone is right, if it were something life threatening they would have gotten you in right away. I hope you can see them soon and get some answers. Do you think it would be possible to ask a doctor or nurse to give you a call when they have a spare moment? I have been able to do that at my surgery with some test results unrelated to being pregnant. Good luck and please let us know what happens!

Sorry to read this hun I'm sure its nothing too serious the receptionists are just not qualified to give out blood results if there is a problem as someone else said I would call and ask to speak to doctor over the phone its no good for you or bubs spending all this time worrying and could be totally unnecesarily what we imagine is often worse then what it actually is! Hope you find out soon and that all is ok! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back