What baby monitor?

mikid

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I need to get a baby monitor but i'm not sure which one to go for... there are so many to choose from!!

Have any of you got any recommendations or bad experiences so I know which ones to look at or avoid?!

Thank you :)

We have the angel care monitor and sensor pad. I love it, wouldn't be without it, it gives me such peace of mind and the sound is really clear!

^^ same here I went through a few before I got the angelcare one cos its more expensive but honestly, its just the best. :yay:

Sounds like i need to take the plunge and get my hand in my pocket (or hubby's rather hee hee!)

I have just got a tomy one, 50 quid from asda, my fella wudnt let me have the sensor mat one as he sed I wud be parranoid, but tbh when I had codie the alarm kept going off and there was nothing wrong with her lol!

I have the angelcare, it has gone off twice wen he has wriggled to the very top of the cot, but he has only just started doing it. I only got it wen he went in his own room. wish I got it earlier as I was constantly goin in to check he was still breathing, makes me less paranoid! Definately recommend it xxx

Ive got a tommee tippee sensor one, but cos shes still in our bedroom ive not used the sensor monitor part on it yet, but it shows (in my eyes) that i only paid about £30 for it cos its on the highest volume setting and isnt that loud really, i stil leave the door open just to listen, lol

X

I've got the tommee tippee sensor mat and had this for ds 4 years ago aswel and never had a problem with it. Never had a false alarm (except wen I forget to turn it off) haven't used the parent unit yet this time but have the sensor mat in his crib and find it really reassuring at night x

I have the Angelcare sensor pad one, I did originally buy the BT 150 but changed to the angelcare coz he breathes so quietly (it gives me peace of mind). nothing wrong with the BT monitor tho x

I bought the Tomy video one at first which is great but I was still going in checking he was breathing 20 times a night.

After a horrible paranoid insomniac session two weeks ago where I was convinced Blake was going to come a cropper to SIDS I bought the Babysense II breathing monitor. Its brilliant. I paid £75 but you can get them on eBay for about £30. (Gutted i didnt check Ebay first) i like the fact that it has two sensor mats so when he's older and moves around the cot it's less likely to falsely go off.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

I bought the Tomy video one at first which is great but I was still going in checking he was breathing 20 times a night.

After a horrible paranoid insomniac session two weeks ago where I was convinced Blake was going to come a cropper to SIDS I bought the Babysense II breathing monitor. Its brilliant. I paid £75 but you can get them on eBay for about £30. (Gutted i didnt check Ebay first) i like the fact that it has two sensor mats so when he's older and moves around the cot it's less likely to falsely go off.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Wish I had known about this one, that would sort out the problem of wen zac wriggles right to the top and sets the alarm off! X

Thanks ladies, i spoke to hubby bout the sensor pad ones and he was the same as yours loulou, said id be too para!
Been looking at a phillips avent one where you can talk back to lil one and turn on a nightlight and lullaby's remotely... Anyone got any experience of this one?

to be honest it makes me less paranoid! I know its there and if LO stops breathing Ill be woken up so I just relax and go to sleep instead of checking on him all the time. It helps a lot when baby starts to sleep late, The first time he slept through I jumped out of bed at half 6 my heart pounding thinking something had happened. Now I just look at the clock, smile and go back to sleep :love: I know hes breathing cos the alarms not going off :yay:

I agree with tiny, it makes me much less paranoid.

My video monitor has talk back - never use it.

Remote nightlight - never use it.

Can't recommend the breathing monitor enough, honestly it's such peace of mind.

I agree with tiny too. I don't check on him half as much now I have it. Sorry no experience of the one you're looking at xx

ive got a motorola video one from argos its really sensitive and has night vision :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back