Pre Birth Baby Heart Monitor

Steve

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a product design student from Derby, I posted a topic awhile ago regarding pre-birth products in regards to an assignment I am undertaking, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who replied for your useful advice and information, your comments were really constructive and greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

One of the ideas I would like to pursue is that of a wireless pre-birth baby heart monitor, this would be a device that you hold on your ‘bump’ whilst listening on a receiver which would possibly be a mobile phone, you could pass the phone around your family and friends so they all could listen! The device could also be used as a standard baby monitoring system once the baby is born, meaning that the device could be used for a couple of years and not just a couple of months.

Once again I’m asking for some advice.

Have any of you mums, or expecting mums out there purchased a wired baby heart monitor?
If so are they of any use or are they just a gimmick?
Do they work effectively?
Have you experienced any problems with them?
Would you consider purchasing the above item if priced correctly?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Steve

The dopplers that you can buy now have speakers so surely you wouldn't need a reciever to pass around?

The expensive ones are great, just like a midwife would use, other ones are a bit hit and miss, but OK for a gimmick, not to rely upon for medical reasons etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back