What are your top items for Baby you couldn't live without??

Natural mamma

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a bit of an age gap between this baby and my youngest...and i've noticed lots of new stuff for babies on the market....Dr Browns baby bottles..vibrating seats....babysitter seats??? There are a whole plethora of items i've never seen before....So what are your top ten favorite items that make being a mum easier , that you couldn't live without.....

Those vibrating, kick and play bouncy chairs look good ?? or no ???

:? :D

My 3 best buys have been the bumbo seat, which my son used for months. It was particularly useful when it came to weaning him as he was a bit small for a high chair at that point.

The other good buy was the Annabelle Karmel complete toddler meal plan (or something like that). My son is 17 months old now and I regularly consult it for new recipies. I've used it since he started on solids.

3rd good buy - a door bouncer - my son loved it :D

fisher price kick and play bouncer we have it brilliant as she falls asleep init also. weve hardly put her in it atm cause batteries cost to go in that and the 3 mobiles in the bedroom. oh got into buying loads of mobiles :wall: all 4 of those wants d, c and aa batteries so costs a bomb. not all reaquire all the batteries tho. one mobile wants d's another wants c's the bouncer wants aa's and d's. nightmare! keeps baby entertained and happy and helps her sleep then makes mummy and daddy very happy.

we got this mat like activity thing she can now hit the things and grab the mirror and look init. will take pics of those items later and post them.

theres nothing you can't do without with a baby.

so long as baby is warm, clean, clothed and above all loved - the rest means nothing.

ive never been one for the latest crap that comes out.

im a basic girl :lol:

Well unlike budge, im not a basic girl and neither is my girl!

my top items are my babys gro bag, keeps her warm and snuggled and great fo when i get up too feed her in the middle of the night.

Johnsons camomile gel or dry skin and infantile ezcema, smells nicer and is less harsh in the skin then other creams.

And a baby bouncer.Mines not flash, it vibrates and she kps in it when she dont pass out on the floor on her gym.

The one thing i absolutly couldnt live without was my Graco rocking swing thingy, when she was really upset, and nothing mummy could do helped, pop her in the swing and instant silence, minutes later she was asleep...

I also loved bams grobag thingys, they were fab... not essential, but fab none the less :D

I had the Bruin pretty in pink vibrating/musical chair thingy, tbh i woudlnt say its essential, cheapy one will do the same... i used the vibrating maybe twice, the music never.

I wouldnt say to be honest that there is anything you absolultly need.

Although i would say make sure you get the right pram first time, and not after the 16th one ;)

mrs_tommo22 said:
are you a pramoholic like me then lozzi?

Absolutely :D lol

My name is Laura and im a pramaholic :wave:

charlottes 5 next week.. and i think the only great buy we had was a door bouncer.. i could get on with hoovering etc while she was in it.. and she would stay in there for a good 20mins half hour..

but although i hate to admit this.. lol.. im a bit like budge on this one.. theres loads of fads out there.. that you might not ever use.. baby might not like etc...

im not bothering with a bouncer this time.. we are getting a little swing thing.. charl had one and found them quite handy.. (mums getting it) and as in argos bouncers and swings are near on the same price it seems silly to get a bouncer when i can just use the swing..

i would say.. buy second hand as my 3rd thing.. you can go nuts spending on babys.. baby baths are stupid.. and quite expensive for what they are and how long they are used.. i think you can save a lot by buying second hand..

I know Glenn isnt very old but the one think i cant do without...
(i bet you think i am weird..lol) is Sheets! flat ones and they have to be the pram size, i use them for wrapping him in, feeding him, he uses them for sleeping/settling and they mop more sick/wee/milk up and they wash and dry quick, i have loads of them (passed from my sister as she used them with her two) i used them with my other kids too, they are dead handy.x

lozzi said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
are you a pramoholic like me then lozzi?

Absolutely :D lol

My name is Laura and im a pramaholic :wave:

My name is sarah and im a pramoholic - but cant afford to buy new ones :cry:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry for invading this topic!!!! :rotfl:

For me I'd say -
a vibrating bouncer - great at calming a grizzly baby and for napping in to give mummy 15mins to herself.
bumbo - from approx 5months, evie loved hers, meant she could come everywhere with me, into the garden. Great for taking away with you to friends without young children/ family for feeding.
Sling - dog walking and living in the country impossible without one!

None of these are absolutely essential, and budge is right, of course all your babba needs is love, comfort, food and warmth, but these are the bits that just helped make my life a bit easier.
I would say you don't need to buy anything new, there is so much second hand baby stuff out there its actually verging on the obscene! Boot sales and ebay are the way forward.....

Isaac loves his door bouncer, and when he was younger he especially liked lampshades, carrier bags, the dog and anything with lights on it :D
Spent a fortune on bouncers, swings etc he prefered to be held, sat with you, so they don't really get used, and he absolutely hates his bumbo :lol: Grobags he's been in since about 1 month old, cannot praise them enough :D

But that's just my son, all LO's are different, have fun finding what your LO loves :hug:

1. fisher price calming vibrations chair (it's his fav sleeping place during the day)
2. phil and ted's cocoon (brill for carrying bubs in whilst out and about, and they can fall asleep in it anywhere. I got mine off ebay)
3. widgey breastfeeding pillow ( great if u have small boobs and have to hold bubs up higher)
4. play mat with overhead arches for them to look at whilst lying on their back.
5 baby bjorn sling (instant calming effect and means you have your hands free to get on with other stuff. Also very easy to get on and off, even by yourself).

these items are all great and whilst not essential are sooooo useful!

xxxxx

The thing I found most useful were:

muslin squares - useful for EVERYTHING you can think of

his gro-bags - Austin's got a funny habit of covering his face so I don't like putting blankets in his cot. The gro-bags are great because he can't wriggle out of the blanket & get cold in the night.

my v pillow - very cheap from Argos, I used it to help me sleep when heavily pregnant, to breastfeed with when he was small, and for him to nap on on the sofa or bed as it curls round so it's comforting for him.

I had a vibrating bouncer as well, he really enjoyed being in it when he was tiny but I think to be honest he would have been just as happy in a non-vibrating bouncer.

Also the door bouncer, I can't recommend it enough Austin has loved his since he was about 3 months old and still enjoys going in it now. I can set it up in front of a full length mirror & it keeps him happy long enough for me to do the washing up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back