What have you all bought for baby??

lrb

Reaction score
Just curious as to what you have all bought. We have bought soooo many things for baby already and it seems crazy as only almost 13 weeks. But.. We have so much to pay for we have had to buy most things early on as just can't do it in a few months. Baby due 17th march, April it's mother in laws wedding in Scotland so that's gonna b costly to get there! In June were buying 3/4 of our house from family so have to get a mortgage then where as at the minute we pay nothing just have to do house up as it's a mess. THEN October 6th we are getting married!! And that's £££££!! But had given up on ttc when fell pregnant so focused on planning wedding and getting all expensive things and paid all deposits for them so now were stuck and have to pay them all.. Which just isn't gonna happen!

Anyway list we have so far is:
Travel system buggy, it's mothercares one
Plus extra car seat for when there just growing out of travel system one
Cot bed
Humphreys corner bedding
Mattress
Changing cupboard and draws-on order
Travel cot
Baby bouncer
Baby leap frog bouncer thing
Steriliser-tommee tippie
Electric breast pump
Bottles
Bottle brush
Bottle warmer
Thermal bottle bags
Powder containers Incase can't breast feed

Then oh's mum has got:
Dummies
Snuggle toys/cloths
White sleepsuites/all in ones/vests
Two sleeping bags
blankets
Baby book

My mum wants to buy Moses basket

I've probably missed lots but still there is a lot there but hope you can understand why we gone crazy. We haven't bought any clothes ourselves or toys. We will leave that to if people want to buy presents.
I don't think we have forgotten anything big like the essentials but if we have please say!
Thanks! X

Wow, but I can totally see where you are coming from.

We have bought a moses basket, a vibrating chair thing, and I saw for half price a Cath Kidston nappy bag. We have bought one baby grow.

We are getting the pram, cot, and travel cot as presents, as this is the first grandchild for both families.
But I have a feeling I will go a little mad in the January sales.

Haven't bought anything yet.....mum wants me to wait til my 14th week (this was when she miscarried and has a phobia about it)...but this just happens to be on our holiday so sister and i are gonna look in all the baby boutiques :dance:

OMG!

That is loads.

I haven't bought anything because I am too scared. I reckon I'll start buying stuff after 20 weeks ish.

I was a little worried that the things we bought were before 12 week scan but tbh something could happen at anytime in the pregnancy it's just more likely to be before 12 weeks. If we were in a better situation I'd wait till about 15 weeks I think just because it's past that 12 week and not far to finding out sex.
Mum turned up yday with our Moses basket lol! Wasn't expecting that till alot nearer the time! Good job we have the space! X

Irb you have bought more than me!!!
xxx

Lol!! It's actually not me, it's my OH he's terrible. When he wants something he wants it now, so knowing he can't have baby he wants all the baby bits! I know we need to buy it all early but he could wait a month but not him lol!

i'm not buying anything until after my 12 week scan, however difficult its gonna be!!!

see i've bought loads of stuff but i also had loads of stuff given to me! (a very generous aunty who works in a baby shop! lol) all i have got left to buy is my cot and a carpet for the bedroom, and clothes but cant buy much until we find out the sex! love buying everything! :D

We just done our spare room up aswell, pre plastered wallpaper paint, stripped all paint from wood, sanded stained new carpet.. And now were gonna re decorate when we know sex lol! We want lots of colours to match our bedding not just pink or blue but when we find out sex we will just have more purples or blues. X

wow you have loads already, im going to start buying little things in 2 weeks :D xx

We were given shed loads of stuff last year when we were ttc as other rellies who had finished having children were having a clear out. Everyone said things like 'don't store it in the house you'll never get pregnant' and superstitious stuff like that but my OH and I don't believe in all that rubbish!! We're very like you - what will happen will happen regardless of what we buy when, so if we've seen a bargain we've snapped it up. We have bought some nursery furniture off a friend and that is at my parents because they are living abroad at the mo and we haven't done the nursery yet, otherwise we'd have it here!! I like to be organised and I'm a teacher, so things like the nursery will get done when I have time in the school hols, rather than wait for a particular date. I think it's better to spread the cost if you can - it's such an expensive business!! I'm also very lucky that two of my best friends had babies this year, one a boy and one a girl so I've already got them champing at the bit with bags of clothes!! I think this baby might be a bit of a second-hand Sid!!!

Haven't actually bought anything yet but have a list of things I've seen on websites and stuff. As soon as I can I'm gonna buy buy buy. Sod the expense, I need cheering up xxxxxxxxx

OMG, i havnt even looked yet. Think ill wait till i find out at 20 weeks. With my lo last time i bought loads but we dint find out the sex, it was a suprize, as soon as he was born i bought all blue, so all the yellows etc dint get used much.
Well organised though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back