What are your parenting New Years resolutions?

bwakeling

Reaction score
Hi all,

*I’m writing a piece for BornFree about New Years Resolutions, specifically those relating to parenting and your child’s welfare.

Are you planning on making any resolutions to improve the kind of parent you are, or the happiness of your children? Perhaps you’ll resolve to raise your voice less, or enrol your child in music lessons?

If you could let me know your resolutions I’d be really grateful!

Thanks,

Ben xx

New years resolution for DD (7) is to try to spend more time with her reading and understanding the bible and to help her more with her mathematics.

New years resolution for DS (1) is to wean him off his dummies and take him to more mums and tots places to encourage more sharing and interaction with other children his own age.

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

For me I go back to work in a demanding role in January and my new years resolution is to make sure that my boys always come first and that on my non working days that our time is focused on them more than it is on errands x

Mine is very similar to karenandbump's. I am going back to work end of Jan. I am a teacher and I want it make sure I save all of my school work/marking for after Lucas has gone to bed. I want to just spend as much quality time with him as possible. xx

I'm gonna be much less polite! For example, I have often waited until it fit in with everyone else's plans to feed/change Lizzie - not in such a way that it really affects her, but I have tried to make me being a mother more 'convenient' for my friends who aren't parents. But I am defo gonna start being more assertive, for example telling mates that yes, I might be late, but Lizzie needs feeding before we meet for coffee etc. Sod everyone else :)

Be more organised so I can spend more time with jasper
Stay off the Internet for more of the day
Limit tv watching more
Get a library card and explore 4 new books a week with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member