What are you taking?

Keeponhoping

Reaction score
Are people just taking folic acid or another combination of vitamins when TTC? My gp when I asked him said folic acid is enough. I was going to start on pregnacare conception but was advised against it by gp as they said you can give your body too many vitamins which they said is not good? Is this true?

So should I just stick with plain old folic acid?

Apparently you pee out the extra vitamins you don't need, that's why alot of women say their pee has turned iluminous yellow aha. Mine did. Some people love pregnacare and helps their body loads. Others say it's messes with their cycle... completely depends on the person x

I dunno if theres a reason to advise against taking them it is a personal preference, they might give you a wee boost and make you more healthier to make and carry a pregnancy.

I just took Folid acid this time round and got bfp cycle 4 - first time round we used pregnacare but Ive noticed a few people complain of side effects from that recently.

xxxxx

Thanks girls for the advice. I'm currently on folic acid alone at the moment, see how that goes and suppose I can always switch!

Sorry to jump on Keep but does anybody take theirs at night? I keep forgetting mine on a morning :( x

That's OK, you are most welcome, the more the merrier! What do you take cocker mum?

At the min I am sort of (lol) taking boots own brand pregnacare ones but once they have gone I have got the proper pregnacare. I was thinking of just taking folic acid tho as the tabs are massive!

Was just wondering if it made a diff if I took them at night as I remembered to take my soy at night. I am not much use on a morning lol! X

I take folic acid and omega 3 atm, next cycle will be starting tesco own brand conception vitamins x

I always take mine before I go to sleep...

I've heard some women feel sick if taking them in the morning and best to take after your main meal in the evening as the iron can make you feel sicky on an emptyish stomach??? I know, the pregnacare are quite huge, and I'm rubbish with swallowing tablets! X x

I love pregnacare! I take it in the evening after my meal and never had any problems with it. Xx

Mine are on my bedside cabinet and take them at bed every night, even my pregnancy vitamins as long as its once daily - the body doesnt have a clock so wont know :p

xxxx

I've got pregnacare and folic acid that I got from the docs, I switch it up with them if I've not had a good day eating I will take the pregnacare as it has got the extra vitamins, I try take them after breakfast but I've got a crappy memory so as long as I take them once a day it's always good xx

Thats pretty good they give pregnacare on prescription :shock:

I had to buy my conceive vitamins. Folic acid I got free, but even then that was whilst pregnant. Prior to pregnancy I just bought my own.

xxxx

Sorry my grammar is terrible, I got the folic acid on prescription the pregnacare was bought a friend gave me her supply as she fell pregnant after one week of bloody trying Mrs fertile myrtle.

I have an stock pile of prenatal and folic Acid from my last unsuccessful pregnancy, I read in "what to expect" that is good to take the prenatal so I take both every morning

Can you get to much folic acid in your system? Like would it be worth me taking both I didn't want to mix them just incase.

Some people are required to take a higher dose of 5mg but as above its usually the smaller dose.

Id only do one or the other unless your gp specifies a need for higher folic acid.

xxxxx

In theory, you can get all the vitamins you need from your diet! I take seven seas trying for a baby as it has a smaller amount of vitamins. I'm all about the whole eating healthy thing, so I track my diet a bit and I know I get an awful lot of nutrients from my food and don't massively need to supplement. But I don't think it hurts if you are TTC to know you are topping up just in case or on a junk food day! I think eat healthy, def take folic acid and you'll be fine! Or, if you know your diet isn't the best (each to their own), then def get some supplements just to help baby flourish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back