What Vitamins should my partner and i be taking?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I know i should be taking folic acid but i don't know what daily mg i should be taking (it is 6 months to we start ttc - but i don't think its too early to start to get healthy). And i don't know what vitamins my H2b should be taking either i've heard zinc mentioned but thats all.

Can any of you girls help me?

Thanks

They recommend 400mg/day folic acid when TTC or pregnant. Other vits you might also want to take are vit B12 and zinc which are supposed to help with babys development in early pregnancy and iron (although not too much) for babys blood formation. Avoid any extra vitamin A as high levels are not advised so don't just take a generic multivit. There are loads of multivits specifically for TTC and pregnancy available such as pregnacare. if your diet is pretty good then I would just take folic acid (an essential) as its much cheaper and you probably don't need the others.

As for H2b try zinc and also possible selenium. both of which are supposed to help sex drive/sperm count.

Hope that helps

Hi Thanks for replying thats been a huge help i'll look out for that pregnancy care tablets that you mentioned.

I'd heard that vitamin B or D was also good for the men to take - is there any truth in that?!?!

Thanks

Becky

I take folic acid and make sure i have plenty of veg in my diet :wave:

Hi,
Zinc is good for the boys as it help with Sperm count.
Hope you have a beautiful wedding and good luck ttc
Becs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back