what are you passionate about?

I dont have a passion really for anything, I dont follow anything in particular - my passion is my family, Il do anything for them and they would do the same for me.

Knowledge, learning and reading :) but Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Squiglet said:
Knowledge, learning and reading :) but Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

:eek: that is the shortest post I have ever seen you do :lol:

I do love reading, forgot to mention that, I love books but not really ones about important stuff, just fiction :)

You smart alec, well somene has to be with fenland girls like me in here :rotfl:

natalie&jake said:
Domestic abuse. Im a housing Officer and I am so angry about some so called proffesionals view of women who are victims of DA.

Many victims lie and are deceptive but in most instances that is because of the control that their OH's put upon them. What gets me is that we are all trained and told this but sometimes when a wonam comes in to the office seeking help you get the attitude (from staff) "Oh ignore her, shes a liar, she said that last time but went back to him anyway" :shock: :evil: I was also trying to get a victim rehoused and the emergency accomodation manager said to me "Whats the point, she'll only go back to him" :shock: :shock: :shock: I made a complaint about her saying she had training needs lol

I would ideally like to work supporting victims of DA :)

Also rather passionate about being green

Hi natalie&jake!! I am a Housing Officer too!! I have to admit I have not seen any Domestic Abuse yet in my job but I think thats because the area that I deal with is mainly high rise flats in a very rough area, we house mainly drug addicts, ex criminals and people with mental health problems - which brings me nicely to my passion!:

Getting Heroin off our streets. I have seen 3 of my tenants die from overdoses right in front of me, I have saved the lives of another three. My best friend when I was little has been a heroin addict for 15 years now and I have watched her life fall apart, not only hers but now her sister is a heroin addict too, her mother is now a chronic alcoholic and her father has had a triple heart bypass - her heroin addiction has completely ruined her family.

People seem to largely ignore that massive heroin problem that we have in this country - it is now cheaper to do heroin than buy a bottle of wine and a packet of cigarettes. You could kill yourself quite easily for less than a tenner.

I work closely with the police giving them intelligence on who is drug dealing in my neighbourhood - I have helped have 16 people arrested for heroin and crack dealing - I have seen 4 men and 1 woman sent down for over 6 years each for it :) Heroin affects so much more than the people who take it - the family, the neighbours who have to see people shooting up on their doorstep, or get mugged for money for it, the people who get burgled by the heroin addict that needs money for their fix.

I have seen way too much horrible stuff (brutal muggings, murder, overdose death and just seeing once normal looking people turning into twisted, rotten states) because of heroin addiction and I will do my very upmost to educate people about it - I now volunteer at the Swansea Drugs Project at the needle exchange and help provide Tenancy Support for those people who really want to get off the drug.

Wow that was a rant!! Told you I was passionate! :wink: :lol:

Music is definitely my passion!
I danced before I could walk properly! Mum says that I even used to dance to the noise of the hoover!
Im a singer primarily but play the guitar, and piano and violin and I love listening to music - all kinds. I also adore dancing and find it the best for "losing myself" when Im stressed etc.
I love writing too and enjoy song writing and can get really lost in that - when I have time to!
For me its an innate thing and something I couldnt live without - I would be miserable without my music.

I'm passionate about trying to do anything to stop crimes against our children.

This year has really brought it home to me, and now I try to get involved wherever I can.

I want tougher laws against paedos, and I want to help raise awareness about grooming on the internet.......

I'm also passionate about poetry, and I have my own website full budding poets, Craig and Soulem, you should come and join us!

First and foremost family. Animals, childcare, cars, music and my computer :oops: I love reading books mostly based on true stories i.e the dave pelzer ones. Books that are sad but open my eyes to the reality of the world we live in.

I am also rather passionate about my feelings toward our government and the terrible state this country is in at the moment, immigration, murders, taxes etc it makes me sick. Alan pays 40% of his wages out to the tax man, this month he paid around £1500! It's sick.

Have applied to uni in psychology, childhood and ageing.

Cas xx

Hmm...Politics for a start..campaigning,though I haven't for a while on account of pregnancy etc..History,books & literature- I could spend my life reading...Latin...I absolutely LOVE Latin, best language ever. I used to be passionate about horses but alas no longer...though I'm planning to start up riding again soon, and my OH's mum has horses so Willow will be riding before she can walk. :lol: I'm also passionate about the countryside where I live,and the preservation of it,and the environment in general.

Oh,and McVities chocolate digestives 8) god I love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back