Wright Stuff Topic - love letters

Em78

Reaction score
just thought it was an interesting one - should you keep old love letters?
would you be jelous of partners love letters from ex's? why do you keep stuff like this?

i dont really have any that i can think of from ex's but i was only 18 when i met dh so previous ex's were very young and not the kind to write stuff like that! but i have loads or cards etc from dh which i will always keep.

i can see why people do chuck stuff from ex's away, as they said on the show today you should look to the future and leave the past behind. but what about when you have more past than future left. when i'm 80 and know i wont have any passionate love affairs anymore i think i would like to read old love letters and remember how i was once young and adored!

what does everyone else think?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to get a lot from my ex when I was at uni...

We both kept them for the duration of our relationship..8 years.

He binned his when we parted ways and he moved out and I binned mine when I moved on and met my OH.

i wouldn't want to read how in love he was with someone else and I wouldn't expect him to want to have mine around either :D

i think u shud. if u hold on to them.. i think ur holding on to the person.

i watched that as well!! i watch wright stuff every morning.. luv him !! :D

Have you started maternity leave already ebony? You lucky thing you!

I still keep old love letters but at my parents house, not the home i share with dh.
I do have some pictures of my ex in some old photo albums which i have. I know dh doesn't like this but it's not like i constantly look at them!

I think people should keep things like that as it is part of their past, it's what has made them into the person they are today.

i have old diaries and it has all my old sex life bits in it lol

but kris through all his pics of ex's away :lol: .... i didnt make him :shhh:

i think they should be kept so when your like 80 you can read through your old life :D

Bexter said:
I still keep old love letters but at my parents house, not the home i share with dh.
I do have some pictures of my ex in some old photo albums which i have. I know dh doesn't like this but it's not like i constantly look at them!

I think people should keep things like that as it is part of their past, it's what has made them into the person they are today.

totally agree hun - dont think you should get things like that out all the time and look at them to remember but i dont think it hurts to keep memories like that as long as both you and your oh are happy in the knowledge that it is definately in the past.

i have fond memories of my ex and we are still mates (we were very young and it was never all that serious so dh has never had an issue with it at all). i think i would have kept letters if he had ever sent me any :roll:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I still have photos and old diaries.

I agree you still have a past and certain things are held onto but not all :)

Wish I'd seen the programme, it sounds quite interesting :D

I've never really had love letters to keep :( If I did I think I would throw them away. My dh had loads of letters from his ex which he found when he moved in with me and he put them straight in the bin. I'm kinda glad because I wouldn't have wanted to know about their relationship together.

i think some old things like this are still at my mums house i wouldnt really want to keep them around..my OH ripped up all pictures of his last ex coz he hated her but he has some pictures of other ones (not on there own..in pictures with mates etc) coz he doenst have anything against them and they were part of his life..i accept that, he loves me now so i dont feel threatened..but he doesnt have any love letters or anything..i might not like that so much if i was in that situation..lol

Em78 said:
just thought it was an interesting one - should you keep old love letters?
would you be jelous of partners love letters from ex's? why do you keep stuff like this?

i dont really have any that i can think of from ex's but i was only 18 when i met dh so previous ex's were very young and not the kind to write stuff like that! but i have loads or cards etc from dh which i will always keep.

i can see why people do chuck stuff from ex's away, as they said on the show today you should look to the future and leave the past behind. but what about when you have more past than future left. when i'm 80 and know i wont have any passionate love affairs anymore i think i would like to read old love letters and remember how i was once young and adored!

what does everyone else think?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I HAVE A BOX FULL OF THE THINGS FROM MY FIRST LOVE :)
ID NEVER GET RID OF THEM

Vicki83 said:
Have you started maternity leave already ebony? You lucky thing you!

oh no.. i was going uni before i fell preggy.. finished on june.. was meant to start working full time sept 2006 (well that was my plan before i found out i was preggy ..lol) so im not working now until next year instead

my DH has a photo of his first love inthe loft, thinks i dont know about it

I've never had a love letter :(

I've got a memory box though, with things like cinema tickets from first dates, I'd never get rid of them.

The only ex my OH doesn't mind me still talking to is the one who's now gay... :rotfl: :oops: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back