What are you going to wear during labour?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Obviously this is competely dependent on how your labour ends up going..

(& I must admit this thread was inspired by Babyslogs thread for waterbirth outfits)

But if everything goes well and I end up having a vaginal birth I have no idea what I am going to be wearing?

I have a strappy nightie that I bought in primark a few sizes too big which I was going to use after birth for feeding, but I am thinking I might wear it for actual labour now and just throw it away after?

I will probably end up going nuddy, but I might have my mum in with me and even though I have come to terms with the fact she will probably so my foofy I dont know how comfy I feel with her seeing me with it all hanging out.

Hmm?!

I don't have a clue so I will be watching for ideas

I wore a black nightie (knee lenghts) with buttons down the front, they just pulled it up for birth. It did get wet but i washed it and its fine. I didnt want to be naked during labour

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I have no idea....I don't wanna be naked though so I guess a nighty I can chuck or mayb a strappy top style pj set so I can just take the bottomsoff? Hmm difficult one.

Or yeah thats a good idea, maybe just a vest top with buttons down it so I can be naked on the bottom half.

I dont know!

I'm going to wear a nightie (or tankini top if I have a water birth!) seen some in Sainsburys for £8 xx

This keeping playing over and over in my head lol! Spent £50 on pjs and nighties in primark but when i lay them all out i cant decide what to wear!!

Maybe the hosp will just give me a hosp gown thingy if i end up giving birth on the bed and ill wear my phs/ nighties after.

Still unsure really wa to wear in the bloody water lol. Everytime bump grows these tops i had planned keep getting shorter and shorter and my foof and bum is on show if i was to stand up haha sexy! X

On OBEM one of the ladies was wearing like a swim sarong thingy that tied up at the side Dani, could you get one of these maybe and just wear it with a bra or bikini top? That way you would be able to just untie it and take it off it started annoying you x

Hi girls

well when i had my little boy last year i had a vest top on with a built in bra thingy and it just kept pulling on my epidural so i changed to a normal vest top which was much better, trust me when you are in labour the last thing u worry about is what you are wearing, and if you want to do skin to skin when baby is born i suggest a baggy vest top or just your bra as you will get very hot xx

Last time I wore joggers and tshirt then went into the pool with nothing.

This time, given its august, probably a skirt and vest and will strip down to vest if no pool available. I really didn't care last time, so imagine it'll be the same this time.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

If mobile a strappy stretchy comfy nighty. If on bed with epidural similar or just a stretchy vest top (MW need access to bump for monitoring etc). I wouldn't buy new as it will get grubby It isn't a fashion parade and mw don't care what you wear. I bought new pjs (dark colour) for wards and primark button front nightshirts for feeding lo. I bought a black jersey thin dressing gown as due in Aug and hospitals boiling hot. Also black slippers from b and m bargains peep toe ones that were £2.49 so if get dirty can bin them. My friend advised to buy loads of maternity pads which I get when doing general shop when on offer.

I've got a primark nightie and 2x night shirts (all in size massive) and ill be wearing light joggers for as long as comfortable. But prob have them straight off when I get to the hospital.
X x

Tapatalking. X

Oh and slippers too, and will be taking some flip flops as the shower rooms are apparently not the cleanest...(i can't see how a hospital shower etc can be allowed to stay unclean but just going to take some just incase-was those or flash wipes ;-) lol)
X

Tapatalking. X

Ive pavked my flip flops aswell an biught cheap slip on primark slippers for £1.50 x

Just a regular button down nighty (for skin to skin contact after delivery) and I have a tankini incase I can use the birthing pool

I took a nightshirt for labour but ended up just wearing the tshirt i had on. Was in too much pain to be fussed over to get changed x

I just wore a cheap nightie so that I wasn't walking around naked etc.. (There's a lot of pacing about if youre having a natural birth and need to get things moving) and although I didnt care about anyone seeing my fairy, I really would not have been comfortable going naked. Only thing I would say is although they lift your nighties up, mine still got covered in fluid/blood etc, I couldn't wait to get it off after and chuck it away! I wouldn't have wanted to ever see it again as it would have brought it all back haha! So don't spend a fortune so u don't mind chucking it xxxx

I wore a night gown but as labour progressed and i started to get hot i had the total urge to be naked...it felt weird but i was just to hot to be wearing anything! X

I got a pair of maternity nighties from m-care but I really don't like them so I'm probably just going to use them for modesty and when the times right strip down to my bra or vest top- will have to see where the mood takes me!!!

I wore (and will be again) a horrible knee length comfy nightie that buttons down the front half way. I had an epidural and monitoring on the bump so was sitting on the pad on the bed with the nightie hitched up around my waist so my bum was free but material still covered my foof until necessary. Then when baby out, buttons down and skin to skin with booby access. Also I bled loads and didn't get any on the nightie due to being sat on the pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back