What to wear...

clarey

Reaction score
What are you ladies packing to wear in labour? I am hoping to use the midwife led unit which aims to keep you moving about and there is a possibility I may use the birthing pool if its available, but I really dont wanna be naked in there :shock:

Nor do I want to end up in a hosp gown with my bum hanging out in case we go for a walk around!

Just wondered what anyone else has planned?

i was just going to get a cheap nighty, like the long t-shirt style, matalan, peococks etc do them for about £3, in the pool i was thinking of taking a strappy top again only about £2 in most shops

no point in spending a fortune as they will probably be ruined lol

I'm going naked in the birthing pool. I think it'll be more comfortable and I'm pretty sure I won't give a monkeys who can see me when I'm in that much pain!! But I'm not particularly bothered about being naked anyway!!

How about a bikini top or tankini or something? Matalan do really cheap tankinis.

like debecca says i think by the time your there you dont care :rotfl:

I'm going to get a cheap tshirt too

I've bought some button nighties for after the birth though - so I can breastfeed easily and I don't think I'll want to be wearing ojs

I've packed a couple of old nighties. I think I'll probably end up going into the birthing pool naked, but have packed a tankini top just in case :)

I have already stolen one of my OH's shirts- he's big and broad so it comes to my knees almost but is really nice smooth material and not too hot. I think I'll have a bra or something underneath though cause my boobs are too big to be unleashed for long periods! :rotfl:

I bought a huge nighty from M&S Outlet for £4, I have no idea how big im going to get so I bought it 2 sizes too big. If I end up getting my water birth then I have a tankini im going to wear.

ive got a couple of old nighties that i found hiding at the bottom of my suitcase :)
manda xx

I really havnt thought to much about it it just seems so far away still.
im still at work for 7 half more weeks and ive still got 11 weeks till im due. plenty of time to think of labour bags

Ive packed a couple of vest tops for birthing pool if I use it :D

i'll probably labour naked as i want baby to be put straight on my chest. and after having alana u dont care who see's u naked u loose any dignity :rotfl:

Thanks, think I will dig out an old vest top - my boobs dont wanna be totally unleashed for any length of time either, its really uncomfy!!! :lol:

Will take myself off to Primark or somewhere tomorrow, I know I prob wont care when it comes to it but I'm quite shy so I dont wanna be worrying about nakedness on top of everything else! Thanks :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back