What to wear TO the hospital

star fish

Reaction score
This might be a bit of a stupid question, maybe you just go in what ever you have on, but I have spent lots of time picking out a 'going home' outfit for me and one for Squiggle, and I have bought pj's and maternity nighties to wear whilst I am there, but what do i wear to go in?

Should I wear my going home outfit? It would save it taking up loads of space in the bag (especially the shoes) but then again I might ruin it?

If I'm going to have to change as soon as I get there into a nightie, and I expect I'll be in pain and tired when i get there, so could i just go to the hospital in my nightie already but with a long cardigan over the top?

I went in jeans and a t shirt then when i got there put my nightie on, plan on probably going in leggings and a t shirt this time round as hopefully it will be a little warmer x

I've been living in leggings for the past few months and I don't intend to get out of them until baby comes out!

I think it depends. I'll go in whatever I'm wearing I think but I live in my pjs at home ATM

I'll prob be in joggy bottoms and a t-shirt and change into my nightshirt whilst I am there. Do you know what I'm not that bothered about my coming home outfit as long as I am clean and presentable. I fully expect to want a shower as soon as I get back and be wearing PJ's for at least a week.

I never really thought about this - i figured it would depend on what im doing/where i am when i need to head there.

xxx

Hmmm, so if I never get out of my pj's then I will probably wear them in?

I just couldnt, they are bright pink and dont match any of my shoes. I think I might be in labour with a clothing crisis on my hands!

And what about knickers? I mean we spend our lives being told to wear clean knickers just in case we are taken into hospital, yet surely we will have massive maxi pads in and bloody discharge if in labour. So do I set aside a clean pair to go to hospital in or do I wear old stretchy period pants?

Never thought about underwear! I guess i might change to a clean pair just as we leave. I've got 5 pairs in my bag think that's enough?

I bought some extra special giant nipple warmer knickers for this occasion. I got 10 pairs for my stay in hospital. By all accounts it's pretty grim and we're squirting all sorts of stuff outta there.

If you are in labour trust me you wont care what knickers you go in with lol. With my 2 i bought some cheapie asda pants and wore them at least then when my waters broke with paige i just threw them away. with jake i was induced so didnt have any on as they broke my waters. For after i just had big pants again cheapies from asda so that i wasnt bothered about ruining them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back