What the hell am I going to wear???

lulu

Reaction score
I have a wedding to go to in May, think its the evening do. Its May 24th so Im gonna be huge (huger) by then.

What the hell am I going to wear? I need to feel nice so that Im comfortable and dont feel fat. I never spend much on clothes (Im a primark and charity shop girl) so where can I get a maternity dress thats not maternity prices???

I know there is ebay but not much on there at mo. :( :wall:

Please help!!!

OHHHHHHHHH what i coincidence
i had the same problem and guess what im going to a wedding on the 23rd of may Im due the 24th :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i finaly after a huge long battle won a bloody gorgoues dress on ebay
and i love it :hug: :hug: :hug: the dress is isabella oliver :cheer:

Its a wrap around dress so moulds to fit your curves and bump to a prefect YUMMY MUMMY T 8) :dance:

even if my bump gets bigger it will still fit 8) so try a wrap around
i'll send you a pic of it if you want

try ebay :D you'll get a great dress for the fraction of the price as ive found maternity wear for the original price in shops especially nice going out dresses very expensive :roll:

if you dont find anything then you can have my dress if i dont make it to my due date and pop before the wedding :rotfl: :rotfl:

hi! :wave:

I just had a look on ebay. Not much on really. I dont want anything too frumpy as Im curvy anyway and look better showing off my curves and bump rather than looking like Im wearing a tent and have eaten too many pies!!!

Id love to see a picture of your dress. :D

I have 'different' taste also so finding something I like is either difficult or goes too expensive on ebay.

Glad you found one. I guess there is time to get something. You never know what its going to look like with ebay stuff though until you have got it. :?

35f0_1.jpg

:hug: :hug: love it 8)

this is my dress
Sorr yo to hear there's nothing on ebay at the mo you like
hope you find something soon keep trying i was after this dress for months and each time someone sold one the bidding went to high 7th dress i finaly won at a bargin price :cheer:

so perservance works in the end

wow! that is gorgeous!!!!

not seen anything like that on ebay - gonna go have another look!

I have the same dilemma. My OH's work is having a night out next friday and I have nothing to wear, literally! My maternity jeans are nice, they are dressy so I could wear them but as for a top, god knows! I normally wear baggy tshirts. I am too skint to buy a maternity top as well! :think: Plus I am so going to feel like a bloated cow compared to everyone.

Found a raspberry colour one the same as yours Sarah,in my size, but its already at £25. watching it anyway! There is a purple one, cheaper at moment, but its a size 14!

There is also a pistachio colour dress but its a size 14 so might be squeezing into that one! ( I did get a wrap around dress from a charity shop once, size 10, it fitted and Im a 16/18!!!)

:shock: :(

Thank you so much. will keep searching now!!! :D

joanne, I was just searching on ebay and there is some really nice tops under i'sabella oliver' to go with jeans.

What I also do with Jeans is buy stretchy short dresses and wear them over the top of the jeans with a bolero or something for my arms. Cahrity shops are great for stuff like that, and primark, if you dont want to spend much.

Thats great hun
im not suprised its lready at £25 its a VERY POPULAR dress ive found out by trying to get it for months the origianl price is £90 :shock:
some silly people where bidding up to £85 on it STUPID people :roll: thats before adding p&p
no bargin that

:roll: :x :twisted:
got there in the end :cheer: :rotfl:

hope you manage to get it at a resonable price :pray:
its a great dress as soon as it arived i put it on and i fell in love :hug:

that is gorgeous niki but wouldnt suit me.

Thanks for he link, didnt realise they had a web page you could shop from!!! never gonna be off it :rotfl:

I'm off to a wedding reception on the 17th, i bought a lovely black dress from work, i'll try and get a picky on but its all flowy and goes in with buttons under the boobs so it highlights bump rather then making me look fat.

I would recomend a look in places like matalan and T K maxx, this dress cos t me £16.99 so a bargain lol

Hi Lulu,

Im hopefully going to a wedding on 16th May due on 21st May.

Normally I would be a dress kinda person but my ankles look really fat and when I tried dresses on I just didn't suit.

So I have opted for some tailored linen trousers from M&S, bought them online from their maternity range, and they fit beautifully only £19.50

I bought a normal top (haven't had the need to buy any maternity tops so been wearing normal tops) then I can wear it again after the birth. I also have a fascinator that I'll wear in my hair. Plus if I happen to pop before the wedding & I don't end up going I can send the stuff back within 90 days.

http://www.marksandspencer.com

You also receive free delivery if you spend over a certain amount, so I just bumped up my basket with extra stuff (it wasn't hard cause I was unsure of what size to get anyhow) then I'm just going to take them back to store.

:wall: I'm really jealous!

Now the weather is getting warmer I'd love to be able to show off my bump in a nice summer dress but I'm going to miss it completely! All the pictures of me whilst pregnant are of me wearing jean and a t-shirt or rather unattractive jogging bottoms with a huge jumper over the top :roll:

Lulu- I would go with what Charlie said- some nice linen trousers (that you can wear more than once! :wink: ) and a pretty top. New Look have a great maternity range- I found it was better quality AND better value than the TopShop/Dottie P ranges.

Question is.... WHAT SHOES ARE YOU WEARING!?! :rotfl:

inforabumpyride said:
Question is.... WHAT SHOES ARE YOU WEARING!?! :rotfl:

I have some gorgeous flat sandals that i bought last summer from Dune, they are open toed thong sandals that will look great and no at the moment (fingers crossed) still fit. My feet havent actually swollen just my ankles, knowing my luck the day before the wedding my feet will baloon!!!

My sandals are similar to these

http://www.dune.co.uk/catalogue/style.asp?r=43&g=52&s=84&y=S08LLE90SDF549F

Im not a massive trousers person, usually stick to dresses or skirts as I love my boots, but also I dont like my hips, bum and tops of legs so if I was going to wear trousers I would need a new top that covered those areas and then possibly a cardigan or bolero over that, as I also dont like the tops of my arms, and never show them off (unless I am abroad where no one knows me!) :wall: the cost would soon mount up so a dress is the cheapest option really.

I really dont have much money to spend so I am very limited. :(

How about a trip to Huddersfield to the Mamas & Paps factory shop, the maternity stuff there is dirt cheap, they have loads of dresses in as well from around £9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back