what are you feeding your 6 month old baby??

mel_ed

Reaction score
at the minute finley has
breakfast
porridge/baby wheatabixs/ rusk with puree apple or apricot or banana
5oz bottle

dinnner
puree carrot/sweet pot/butternut squash and maybe a yogurt
6/7oz bottle

tea
7/8 oz bottle

before bed
7/8oz bottle

what are your lo's eating as i'd like to move finley on to more things now and would like some ideas

thanks! x

He can have anything now Mel! Spoke to my HV about what I can give Emily as was surprised that she can literally eat anything. She just has what we have now :) although she's not crazy about savoury stuff! Today she has gad porridge and 2 fromage frais at lunch!

What I do find better is straight after she has solids I give her a bottle of water or diluted squash. I've stopped giving her a bottle of milk as I'm trying to make her realise that a separate meal! If that makes sense x

boob

boob

boob

bit of banana

boob

boob

lol!!

he's such a non hungry baby!

Yea, i mean he tries things no trouble but just doesn't "want" them.

I try him with those ella's kitchen pouches and he likes them. But all he really wants is boob.

Oh, and he won't even contemplate drinking from a bottle or a beaker. I think he's been spoilt!!

so emi;ly has the same as you thats brill erin. have you started to give her meat now? i'm going to do finley more pureed meal this week and move on from just pureed fruit and veg and give him pureed meat and veg and things.
gave him a piece of toast tonight while we eat and her loved it. didnt really eat it properlly but he just sucked on it.
so what sort of meal is emily having?

She has anything. I have lots of jars in the house so I give her a mixture of them and home made stuff. We had spag Bol last night and i gave her that all pureed up, I also boiled some potatoes up, mashed them and mixed them with some baked beans (the reduced salt ones). She has scrambled egg the other morning for breakfast (well cooked) Anything really! Just trying to give her lots if different flavours x

uve inspired me now. maybe i'm being to wary and scared to give him things.

I was like that too till I spoke to the HV that weighs her. She sat with me for about an hour talking about weaning. Don't be scared. As long ad it's not too sugary or salty..give him it :)

Anything and everything, solid or pureed. :) She enjoys food lol. She has 3 meals a day and a snack as well as a bottle every 3 hours lol.

glad you came along 2 melio. better get some food shopping done for him.
has anyone heard from tasha recentley?

If you mean me Mel? :) I'm still about! lol! Don't get enough time to post much on here anymore :-( Evie's just abouts getting into a routine so i'll have my evenings back for some PF time soon! :D
I'm looking forward to weaning Evelyn - I'm going to start her out on Brocolli and sticks of cooked carrot, banana etc. Hoping to do BLW. Read a little book on it the other day and it seems to make sense.
Dead excited! Buying a dining table so we can all sit together at mealtimes.
How's everyone else doing?xx

Gone be a while before I wean lol, but was wondering when you puree the food to do u mix it with something to make it smoother? or is it the basic vegentable / fruit, cooked and pureed?

If you mean me Mel? :) I'm still about! lol! Don't get enough time to post much on here anymore :-( Evie's just abouts getting into a routine so i'll have my evenings back for some PF time soon! :D
I'm looking forward to weaning Evelyn - I'm going to start her out on Brocolli and sticks of cooked carrot, banana etc. Hoping to do BLW. Read a little book on it the other day and it seems to make sense.
Dead excited! Buying a dining table so we can all sit together at mealtimes.
How's everyone else doing?xx

yeh u lol! i havnt been abouit much lately either. i havnt seen much of rosies mummy either. shes always on fb tho.
finleys doing well now. he just had porridge with fruit at 1st and ive just introduced dinner these last few weeks. all sorts of pureed veg. gonna start giving him pureed meat and veg now tho.

Rósa;1796204 said:
Gone be a while before I wean lol, but was wondering when you puree the food to do u mix it with something to make it smoother? or is it the basic vegentable / fruit, cooked and pureed?

yeh if you cook the veg or fruit it softens and if you puree it its fine the odd thing you might have to add a little water.

tasha ive just re added you on fb. we wernt friends anymore :-(

tasha ive just re added you on fb. we wernt friends anymore :-(

I know :-( I think I got a bit click-happy when sorting my friends list last month! Removed people I didn't mean to...then couldn't remember who was there before! Baby brain lol!x

Rósa;1796204 said:

yeh if you cook the veg or fruit it softens and if you puree it its fine the odd thing you might have to add a little water.

If you're pureeing veg you should add the water that you cook it in as that's where all the nutrients end up when you get it soft enough for baby :)

Cahal is now having bananas and porridge for breakfast and pureed veg for dinner (various mixtures to include carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, potato, peas, broccoli etc) with either mashed banana, rusk mixed with milk or fromage frais for dessert.

I'm going to work in a 'solid' lunch soon, but he's started having bits of bread when we eat our sandwiches - he sits there making chewing motions until you give him some and then just sits and sucks on a bit while we eat lol.

Milk-wise I'm still breastfeeding, he still bf's on demand, it works out to be roughly every 2-3 hours except at night when he goes to bed at 7, wakes for a monster feed at 4 and then wakes again at 7.

erin and melio do you give ur lo's 3 meals a dsy now? and what finger foods do you give them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back