• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what are you feeding your 6 month old baby??

Hey, yeah she has 3 meals a day now. Muslie for breakfast, then through the day she'll have apple, sandwiches, banana, biscotti, rusk, anything like that. Thats all finger food, I dont mash any of that, and then she'll have her dinner which is either homemade soup or something from jars. Another month or so and Ill start giving her proper food at night so basically just what I eat :) Im not giving her meat at the moment so its all veggies atm :thumbup:

Emily usually has a yoghurt (or 2) for breakfast, soup for lunch (today), and something from a jar for tea and has some bits in between, same as melio said.

Emily does have meat, my hv told me to start introducing it a few weeks ago :)

i'm getting all stressed about his eating lol. sorry i sound like a right worrier!
after u said sandwiches i gave finley 1 and cut it up into little pieces and he just sucked on it didnt really eat it.
when you give then finger foods eg sandwiches, apple, banana do they actually eat it or just chomp on it?
how much milk do your little ones drink? do they have milk with every meal? do you give them water juice out of a sippy cup??? because finley's not getting the hang of the cup he just chews on it. so i'm worrying he's not getting enough liquids so i just give him milk
sorry for all the questions

Paige for some reason skipped the whole sucking thing and takes actual bites out of the sandwichs and toast ect. But sucking on them is totally normal. I offer Paige water at each meal with the cup, shes sloooooowly getting the hang of it, but its still very much hit and miss. I offer her milk totally seperatly to food, so try and get the solid food around an hour or so after her milk as I want her to realise that the milk is a meal not just a drink, but I really dont think it matters.

Yeah, as erin said, they can have meat straight away but cause Im veggie Im not introducing meat until shes around a year old when she'll have bigger meals and itll be worth me cooking the meat lol. I once saw a thing about weaning saying that 'food under one is only for fun'. As they still get a majority of their nurients from milk and so if it takes them a while to get the hang of foods it really doesnt matter. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back