What an AMAZING experience!!!

Mummy_Mel

Reaction score
My husband and I had our dating scan today. It was the first time we had seen the baby, not even heard the heart beat so it hadn't sunk in at all that we are really having a baby!

It was sooooooooo cool! She managed to locate the baby straight away and it was fast asleep at first, lying on it's back. She took the measurements and pointed things out to us, then she said "right, I think we should wake it up!".

She prodded my belly with the ultrasound thingy and suddly our little baby started wriggling and kicking it's arms and legs!!!!! It was fab! She said the baby is fine and healthy, with a strong heart beat. We both came away feeling so excited and have been wandering around with silly grins on our faces all afternoon :lol:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I know what you mean about the silly grin that was me and OH all day too - glad it all went well for you hun see you in Tri 2 real soon :)

Glad all is well :)

Did you get a pic? Wanna see hehe :) x

Oh Hun that sounds awesome, get your piccie up xxx

Sounds like an amazing experience!!! Im absolute delighted for you and your OH! x x

Glad it went well and fab photo! It's a great feeling :D x

Can't believe you can wake baby up by poking at only 12 weeks, how cute!

Aww hun that pic is a fantastic pic isnt it!! Bet your so proud :)

wow thats ace what a good picture! i cant wait for mine

Aw thanks ladies :) Yeah I'm sooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww... that is so sweet... and that you could wake him/her up by prodding! Exciting stuff! :) Great pic!!!

:) it is the most amazing feelling isn't it! We were the same with the silly grins all day! We had our scan picture transformed into a fridge magnet and have it on our fridge. We also gave one to both sets of parents. I get the silly grin back everytime I open the fridge!

xxx

Aw that is such a cool idea!!!!!!!! Never though of doing that! Well last night I slept with the scan pics next to my bed so that as soon as I woke up in the morning I could see my baby :) Awwwwww it's so cuuuute!

I have a dating scan in an hour and a half, so nervous but excited at the same time! Currently dated at 10w 2d so will b interesting to see if my dates are moved.

Ur pic is amazin too! Can't wait for my 12week scan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back