• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what age would you say is too old and too young....

My MIL is 40 and had her 5th baby 8 months ago. She's one of the most devoted mothers I know and is in perfect health. Thats why I said 50-60 is too old rather than 40 :)

FoxyMummy said:
having a child at the age of 40/50 is selfish..... if something was to happen to either or both partent the child is going to be 20 at the most! if my mum had me at 40/50 i wouldnt have thanked her!!

Im 18 and my patrents and grandparents are very happy for me and really excited too.

I never intended to hurt anyone
or
upset anyone by this post, it is only opinnions!!

Im not sayin at 40/50year old parent will not give the child all it needs as im sure every parent does the best for their child.

someone said that mother nature decides when you stop having children....... well i was 10/11 when i got my period so does that mean that it was ok for me to have a child at 10/11???

i work at a nursing home and i have a resident that is 47 and is very ill she has a 6 year old boy who had to be put in care as she was not able to lok after him and there is no other family to look after him!!
this is not right for a child at all!!

i just think its wrong people having kids at such old ages

Im sorry but its my opinnion and everyone is entitled to their opinion xx

But people can get ill at any age and their children will need care. Also who knows when/if they are going to get ill - it's not something anyone has any control over, so how can you say it's selfish? By this logic, no one should have children as we may get ill one day.

I think whatever suits each person on this topic. My mum had me when she was 40 and she was a great mum and always said that I "kept her young in her 40's" the only down side was she first got breast cancer at 52 and had her mastectomy on my 13th birthday, unfortunetly she passed away when I was 18....
but at the same time I know people who have had cancer or other life threatening deseases in their 20's.

You never know what you life has planned out for you.

i work at a nursing home and i have a resident that is 47 and is very ill she has a 6 year old boy who had to be put in care as she was not able to lok after him and there is no other family to look after him!!

so if the seriously ill patient was under 40 and their child had to be put in care this would be ok???? :x

sorry but i am 40 and just had my 1st baby, that dosnt make me a bad mother or selfish, this baby was planned and we may even plan another!

yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but maybe this isnt the place eh!

Budge said mother nature decides when we STOP having children not START so she wasnt suggesting you should have children at 10\11??!!!!

I know a few mothers over 40 who recently had babies, and they are wonderful mothers. I myself am 35 and if I have any more, it will be when Ruby is at school, so I will so be over 40 then. Personally I feel this is a brillant time to have children, I am in a loving relationship, we have a lovely house and both have successful careers so we can give Ruby everything she will need.

My friend died at 36 leaving 2 kiddies under 10. People get ill at any time of life so I am afraid I dont agree with your comments there.

tuck said:

so if the seriously ill patient was under 40 and their child had to be put in care this would be ok???? :x

sorry but i am 40 and just had my 1st baby, that dosnt make me a bad mother or selfish, this baby was planned and we may even plan another!

Sorry maybe the wrong thread... but congrats Tuck!! I didnt know baby Tuck had arrived - must have missed it!! :cheer:

gingerpig said:
FoxyMummy said:
having a child at the age of 40/50 is selfish..... if something was to happen to either or both partent the child is going to be 20 at the most! if my mum had me at 40/50 i wouldnt have thanked her!!

Im 18 and my patrents and grandparents are very happy for me and really excited too.

I never intended to hurt anyone
or
upset anyone by this post, it is only opinnions!!

Im not sayin at 40/50year old parent will not give the child all it needs as im sure every parent does the best for their child.

someone said that mother nature decides when you stop having children....... well i was 10/11 when i got my period so does that mean that it was ok for me to have a child at 10/11???

i just think its wrong people having kids at such old ages

Im sorry but its my opinnion and everyone is entitled to their opinion xx

But people can get ill at any age and their children will need care. Also who knows when/if they are going to get ill - it's not something anyone has any control over, so how can you say it's selfish? By this logic, no one should have children as we may get ill one day.

ok what im trying to say is, the woman i work with does not have a partner and mother and father of her own!! and didnt at the time she got pregnant. it was just a one night stand and look what happened!!!

If people can get pregnant at the age of 40+ and are still gettin periods. whats wrong with girls who start their period young like me gettin pregnant young???

ok there is no law to say your not aloud to have sex when you passed 40 or what ever but their is a law to say you cant have sex untill you are 16, if everyone thinks its ok to get pregnant older why doesnt people opinnions count about people gettin pregnant younger????

fair enouigh with your point, but i have an opinnion and thats mine!!

personally i wouldnt have a kid passed 30.
i want 3/4 kids and plan on having them bofore that age!!

xx

tuck said:

so your tellin me if you didnt have ur parents around and something was to happen to you and your husband it wouldnt be selfish to leave a 20yearold or what evr age the child was to pay for ur funereal etc etc when the child could well be atuni or sopmething and have no money??????

its just wrong in my eyes. if you dont like what im sayin sorry but i wont change it for anyone weather it does or doesnt upset anyone!!

FoxyMummy said:
ok what im trying to say is, the woman i work with does not have a partner and mother and father of her own!! and didnt at the time she got pregnant. it was just a one night stand and look what happened!!!

So she should have had an abortion? just because it was a one night stand and she was 41? She obviously had no idea she was going to get ill... yet you think she is selfish?

ok there is no law to say your not aloud to have sex when you passed 40 or what ever but their is a law to say you cant have sex untill you are 16, if everyone thinks its ok to get pregnant older why doesnt people opinnions count about people gettin pregnant younger????

the minimum age for sex isnt there just to prevent pregnancy it prevents people having sex with children!

Rubys mummy said:
Budge said mother nature decides when we STOP having children not START so she wasnt suggesting you should have children at 10\11??!!!!

but its mother nature deciding to start you on your period so whats wrong with it. if its ok for her to decide when you can stop having kids does that not mean she decides when you can start having kids by giving you your period???????????????

everyone is getting rather heated about this for what??? AN OPINION!!!

FoxyMummy said:

xx

This woman you are talking about was probably over the moon to fall preg, yeh it was after a one night stand but if she had no parents and wasn't in a loving relationship... she would have had this little bundle of joy to share her love with.
She didnt know she was going to end up ill and her child go into care. If she did she prob wouldnt have had the child.
If we were all to think like that the human race would slowly disapear "just incase" we all fell ill to the point we couldnt look after our young.

Could I ask a Mod to lock this thread as I think it is just going to get out of hand and people get hurt with different opinions.
Also, I dont think you should be talking about one of the patients from your work as you probably had to sign a confidential form before you got the job.

FoxyMummy said:
its just wrong in my eyes. if you dont like what im sayin sorry but i wont change it for anyone weather it does or doesnt upset anyone!!

We all could have opinions that might upset people but this is a pregnancy forum where people of all ages are welcome, you are making out that people over a certain age shouldnt become parents, no one is asking you to change your opinon, but maybe this is not the place to post it?

Urchin said:
FoxyMummy said:

So she should have had an abortion? just because it was a one night stand and she was 41? She obviously had no idea she was going to get ill... yet you think she is selfish?

the minimum age for sex isnt there just to prevent pregnancy it prevents people having sex with children!

for a start i didnt mention anything about an abortion so drop it!!!

the minimum age is so you done have sex with children??
but when you get older you start to turn into a child agen! but its till ok then???

Urchin said:
FoxyMummy said:

We all could have opinions that might upset people but this is a pregnancy forum where people of all ages are welcome, you are making out that people over a certain age shouldnt become parents, no one is asking you to change your opinon, but maybe this is not the place to post it?

people post topics sayin wooo hooo i got pregnant, they dont intend to upset anyone who cannot have kids/miscaried do they??? am not trying to upset people i just want to know what others think

x x

FoxyMummy said:
tuck said:

so your tellin me if you didnt have ur parents around and something was to happen to you and your husband it wouldnt be selfish to leave a 20yearold or what evr age the child was to pay for ur funereal etc etc when the child could well be atuni or sopmething and have no money??????

I was left at 18 with no Mum or grandparents and a Dad that doesnt give a sh*t. I'm still sane and normal.

FoxyMummy said:

Erm, I only asked a question... she accidently got pregnant.... what should she have done then?

You are becoming very rude and defensive over this, like I said, no one is asking you to change your opinion, just maybe be a little more sensitive to OTHER peoples views.... you are basically saying some people on this forum are bad mothers, and you wonder why people don't like it?

SarahH said:
FoxyMummy said:

xx

This woman you are talking about was probably over the moon to fall preg, yeh it was after a one night stand but if she had no parents and wasn't in a loving relationship... she would have had this little bundle of joy to share her love with.
She didnt know she was going to end up ill and her child go into care. If she did she prob wouldnt have had the child.
If we were all to think like that the human race would slowly disapear "just incase" we all fell ill to the point we couldnt look after our young.

Could I ask a Mod to lock this thread as I think it is just going to get out of hand and people get hurt with different opinions.
Also, I dont think you should be talking about one of the patients from your work as you probably had to sign a confidential form before you got the job.

i did yeah, and i can give u my bosses number address if you want she will tell you im not doin anything wrong cuz im not saying the patients name!

xxx

Urchin said:
FoxyMummy said:

Erm, I only asked a question... she accidently got pregnant.... what should she have done then?

You are becoming very rude and defensive over this, like I said, no one is asking you to change your opinion, just maybe be a little more sensitive to OTHER peoples views.... you are basically saying some people on this forum are bad mothers, and you wonder why people don't like it?

erm, i never once said anyone was a bad mother.
technicaly it was you that said that

I think we should just leave it as it depends on the person. :shock:

Foxy mummy, you seem to feel very strongly about it being ok for girls to have children very young, well this is the same as these people feel for having children older.

plus obviously a 10 year old is still a child themselves they havent even grown properly never mind equipped physically or emotionally to have a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back