Lying about your age for your own gain!

nickilubs

Reaction score
I would imagine most people have but for what reasons?

I told someone I was 15 today.... :oops: I was walking to my car after work and one of them guys who want to ask you questions to get you to sign up your bank details stopped me on the street. I wasn't expecting to be grabbed because I look fairly young but he did anyway and the first thing he asked was my age so I said 15 (probably because I looked terrified!!).....he said sorry I wasn't old enough and off I went.

Who has really lied about their age to get out of something or get something?(I'm actually 21next month!)

When I was 14 I used to buy lottery tickets - and if the shopkeeper asked me my birthdate I would say 1981 instead of 1983

I don't think I've ever lied about my age other than that though.

LOL I got ID-ed for a scratch card the other week....if your not over 16 you cant claim it anyway unless a parent does it but I never realized it was a actual law thing.

nickilubs said:
I would imagine most people have but for what reasons?

I told someone I was 15 today.... :oops: I was walking to my car after work and one of them guys who want to ask you questions to get you to sign up your bank details stopped me on the street. I wasn't expecting to be grabbed because I look fairly young but he did anyway and the first thing he asked was my age so I said 15 (probably because I looked terrified!!).....he said sorry I wasn't old enough and off I went.

Who has really lied about their age to get out of something or get something?(I'm actually 21next month!)

OMG i used to do that :lol: but usually say i was 17. but i dont think i can get away with it now a days. im 24 this year!

at 16 i always said i was 18 so i could get in all the night clubs. Worked fine. lol.

well obviously when i was getting into clubs at 16 and 17 i had to lie say i was 18

and then i used to get on the bus for concessionary fare until i was 23 (never actually said im under 16, but they never questioned it!)

i think iv done that too what u did, say im under 18 to get out of them marketing things.

iv not lied about my age lately, altho i pissed myself laughing when i got asked for ID to a club earlier this year (im 27!) thankfully i did have my drivers licence on me- it wouldve been a very disappointing nite had i not!

Not something i do... but i did say i was a few years older to pull once - worked :lol:

trixipaws said:
well obviously when i was getting into clubs at 16 and 17 i had to lie say i was 18

and then i used to get on the bus for concessionary fare until i was 23 (never actually said im under 16, but they never questioned it!)

i think iv done that too what u did, say im under 18 to get out of them marketing things.

iv not lied about my age lately, altho i p*ssed myself laughing when i got asked for ID to a club earlier this year (im 27!) thankfully i did have my drivers licence on me- it wouldve been a very disappointing nite had i not!

ditto:

cheaper busses, getting into clubs and saying im not 18 yet so cant help with their survey!. lol

Before I got pregnant I used to lie constantly about my age (I'm 18 I swear! No,you're clearly 13) Post-Willow I would rather just...not.. because..trying to make myself seem older makes it seem like I've got something to be ashamed of IYKWIM. Which I don't.

Although I did tell a rude woman in a shop the other day that I was twelve, and yes, this was my first baby. :lol: :lol:

I never really lied about my age just allowed people to believe I was as old as they thought I was! I have always been tall I stopped growing at about 13 and am 5'11 and always looked older then my age so have been getting into clubs and having older boyfriends for years, when I was 13 people genuinly believed I was at least 18 (every family gathering family friends who didn't know me where made to guess my age! :roll: :lol: ) by 16 I was being assumed to be in my 20's I've never been asked for ID to get in a club etc but I have always had older friends and been assumed to be same age as them by other people my friend once said to a bloke in a club next to a bouncer guess how old she is? he said 21 or something and she shouted 'no shes only 16!!!' cheers mate! :rotfl:

I have never been able to get away as younger though they wouldnt allow me a child pass on the train or bus when I was still young enough to have one, I used to like looking older now I'd like to look younger then my age :rotfl:

When I was at college I had to get the train in every day so I'd lie to the ticket man and get a child's fare instead of having to fork out the huge adult priced ticket.....got away with it untill I was almost 19 and going to University - gave up doing it then as it was getting pretty darn obvious! :wink:

Once into a nightclub, I was 17 (entry was 18) so I made out I was 19, figured it was more effective than trying to say 18 like everyone else did. It worked though I got it :D

Other than that I don't think I've ever said I was older/younger than I actually am.

hehehe!!!! Oh how my hubby would laugh at this thread

I lied about my age to bag him - and kept it up for 6mths!!!!

He was 26 when I met him and I told him I was 20 (was actually only 16!!)
I wouldnt let him pick me up or drop me off at home - always met hm somewhere - he says looking back he should have known but hey-ho! :D

I started dating him on the 14th April and only told him the truth on the 12th Sept - my birthday was the 14th and he was leaving on the 12th to go offshore so we got together and he gave me my gift - a gorgeous gold necklace which must have cost a fortune (remember he thought it was my 21st!)
Anyway, I opened it and broke down in tears - poor guy thought I was pregnant. I told him and he just sat in silence... we got a taxi to the airport together and said our goodbyes for him going offshore - I honestly thought I would never see him again.
Went home and cried for hours and then he called me and told me he still loved and.... well the rest is history.

That was 8yrs ago since we met and I love him like crazy

I dont even look that young but 4 times recently I have been asked for ID when trying to buy alcohol??
I never actually lied about my age but I went out in pubs etc when I was 14-15! I occasionally got asked for ID but mainly asked my older sis to go bar!! :D

SarahH said:
hehehe!!!! Oh how my hubby would laugh at this thread

I lied about my age to bag him - and kept it up for 6mths!!!!

He was 26 when I met him and I told him I was 20 (was actually only 16!!)
I wouldnt let him pick me up or drop me off at home - always met hm somewhere - he says looking back he should have known but hey-ho! :D

I started dating him on the 14th April and only told him the truth on the 12th Sept - my birthday was the 14th and he was leaving on the 12th to go offshore so we got together and he gave me my gift - a gorgeous gold necklace which must have cost a fortune (remember he thought it was my 21st!)
Anyway, I opened it and broke down in tears - poor guy thought I was pregnant. I told him and he just sat in silence... we got a taxi to the airport together and said our goodbyes for him going offshore - I honestly thought I would never see him again.
Went home and cried for hours and then he called me and told me he still loved and.... well the rest is history.

That was 8yrs ago since we met and I love him like crazy

Aww that's so sweet!!

Don't think i've lied about my age other than when going to clubs when i was underage. To be honest i get ID'd more often now (I'm 25) than when i was younger!

I used to lie and get a half on the bus into town, and then go to the pub!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ahhh those were the days.....when a Goldbier cost you 70p, and a pint of diesel cost a pound!

xxx

at 22 i could get on the bus for 1/2 price as a child - i used to say paris was my sister

i lied about my age when i was 16, just so i could get a tatoo done all the asked for was my date of birth
and used to lie about my age when using the trains and buses used to get a childs ticket till i was 18/19

I only lied once about my age when a man was trying to pull. I told him I was 25 (I was actually 32) and wanted to get away from him. He told me I could have been nicer as all he was doing was making conversation. I didn't want to talk to him. UGH! Men! Why can't they understand signals? :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back