What a mess, any insight (graphic)

Becs

Reaction score
Sorry to post this ladies but can anyone give any insight. This miscarriage is such a mess compared to the last time. Last time I had a lot of blood and a few clots and a little gestation sac. This time the clots are enourmous. I have seen quite a large but empty gestation sac and a very obvious and quite big placenta. But what is confusing me is what I just passed. It is similar to a placenta but one side was coated with little white globials and the other side sort of looked like a placenta and is on the whole very tissuey it's about the length of my palm as the placenta was. I have no idea what this could be it is not a clot but having already passed a gestation sac and placenta I am at a loss as to what it could be. I am slightly concerned - any ideas? So sorry to be so graphic, this is the only place I feel comfortable asking.

Lots of love,
Becs x x

Very sorry for your loss. :hug:
I'm not sure about your question thought - mine was a very obvious sac and placenta attached. COuld it be that the placenta split and came in 2 pieces? I would contact your EPU - I was told to if I passed any more large clots - they won't think there is anything odd about checking.

I'm so sorry you are going through this Becs. I'd do as andrea suggested and contact your EPU.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks, I have a scan booked next week to check everything came away so I guess at least I will know if all clear.The placenta looked like a perfectly formed minature version of the one that came out when I had my son, so I think it was intact. But I guess all sorts comes out. lets just hope this is allover soon so I can get on with being a Mum.

B

Thanks Hollyhobby - nice lines, I hope this is your month! x

Thanks bex, hoping it is but scared it is all at the same time.

How are you coping tonight? :hug:

:cry: :cry:
Becs I was shocked to hear this news. I was soo happy for u. well I really hope u feel better soon plz take good care of ur self as ur son needs u and hopefully u will have another one soon :hug: :hug:

Sorry you have gone through this. I would suggest taking everything you have passed (if you have kept it which obviously you may not have) and take it to the hospital. They send it to the lab and make sure its all normal products of conception. This is what they did with mine, although I had no sac, just a lump of horrible fibrous stuff. I never did find out what it was. A friend of mine had a missed mc and when they examined the products after her d and c it was found she had suffered a partial molar pregnancy so you should get anything odd checked out. Hope you are ok. :hug:

So sorry to read about this Becs :(

Thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry you have to go through this :hug: :hug: :hug:

I passed something like you described a few weeks after my mc. I cant remember what it was or what they said it was but I had phoned the epu straight away as it scared the bejezus out of me but they didnt say to come in or anything.

Everything was okay downstairs after that though I did bleed for a while after my mc.

You poor wee soul :hug:

Bloody hell Laura, that is frightening. I have to admit I am now very worried I may have had a molar pregnancy that may go unchecked. How long ago did this happen to you? Did they take a blood sample?

B x x

Becs, I'm so sorry - I've just come back from holiday and read this. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have no idea what it could be, but I would say that all sorts of tissue and stuff comes out. I had a D&C for a missed m/c at 12 weeks, and the consultant was sure she'd got the products of conception. However, I continued to bleed, HPTs were still + and a scan then showed the sac still sitting there. At 14 weeks I had another D&C and the (different) consultant positively identified the placenta and other tissue. Last week, a fortnight later, I had really bad pains for 48 hours and then passed what was obviously the gestational sac... So goodness only knows what the consultants thought they'd taken out, if the sac was still in there after two D&Cs, but it shows there must be an awful lot of large lumps of tissue involved.

Keep doing HPTs (use ebay cheapies!) - they should become negative within two weeks of the completion of the miscarriage, and that will give you some reassurance. The scan will also pick up any retained products.

:hug:

thanks for the advice kittykins and sorry to hear what you went through. You had a really rough time. I'm so sorry. I have stopped bleeding now so will buy a few tests and monitor the situation. Really want to make a little brother or sister for Austin soon so. Hopefuly we'll have a turn of luck! x x x

becs i'm so sorry i missed this sweetie, just wanted to say i'm gutted for you hun :hug: really sad news :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back