What a difference a few days makes!

Kay Kay

Reaction score
As you know AF came on Tuesday and on same day a good friend from work told me she was prg. Thrilled for her but was privately devastated, AF hormones didn't help of course :eh:

I felt a desperate need to phone the ACU and badger them about when my HSG would be....to get another blow that it would be MARCH, not Jan/Feb as I thought it would be. A full 7 months waiting for an HSG! I was really upset and did something I never thought I would do. I phoned up the local private hospital! Asked how much an HSG would be and when I could have it done....answer £377 and would next Thursday be ok? So I spoke with hubby and even though we are rooked cos it's xmas he said let's go for it!! So I'm booked in for Thursday :lol:

I can't tell you how happy this makes me, I know it's just a test but it's the last one I've to get and I've read that it can flush out any small blockages and there's a slightly higher chance of conception after you have it done. Happy to be starting the new year like this. Please let 2012 be our year! :dance:

My close friend (the one who was ttc for 3 yrs) gave birth to a baby girl this morning and I'm sooooo happy for her!! She has waited so long to hold that baby in her arms. Was crying tears of joy for her. And so glad AF has passed and I'm back to myself again. I want to be happy for my friends :)

Sorry for the long post girls, just feels like a lot has happened. I had a few cocktails and mulled wine last night, felt great to let loose! Just gonna continue to enjoy, hope you girlies are doing the same!

Will update after thursday with how HSG went xxx

aww good luck hun, sounds alot of money but a u said at least thats the last test and u can start the new with a fresh hopes :)
if i remember right im sure we were at the same stage.
well good luck again !!!!

glad to hear your feeling much better now xxxxx

ah a few drinks has prob done you the world of good! letting your hair down is always good once in a while even when ttc. lovely news for your friends but understand how difficulat it is to heat that kind of news. cant beleive how quick the op can be done! im looking into private aswell - flipping nhs where i live in scotland has the longest waiting lists grrrrr!!!

Yay! so pleased for you. Think its terrible that you have to pay to be someones priority!!!!! But the sooner the better he! good luck xxxx

That's amazing Kay Kay :good:

I think next week is going to fly by super quickly xx

Wow I can't believe the waiting list was 7 months good luck and hope this helps you for a new year baby :) xx

yay good news!! I know I am just waiting on the HSG - so frustrating it takes so long! Might have to investigate the private route myself if they keep taking forever. God luck for Thurs. xxxxxx

Good for you Kay Kay! I am so glad you are not waiting. All of our tests have been done privately and I am so pleased we just we did not wait. The NHS can drive you mad with waiting times. I am having the hycosy done on 30th December so let me know how it goes hon. The doctor I spoke to said that we should try extra hard after this proceedure as he knows lots of girls who fall pregnant after this as it can clear some minor blockages or mucas good luck hon
... You are so right a few days can make the world of difference, so basically have fun after next Thursday :D love gizzy xxxx

Thanks for the messages girls. It feels good to be in a positive frame of mind at the mo, esp cos I've been visiting babies all week it seems, I'm just enjoying the cuddles and telling myself 'it WILL be you someday soon' and enjoying the happiness of my friends, esp at this time of year. Aww I'm getting all soppy! Hehe Xxx

Wow just catching up and now it's tomorrow!!! Good luck Kay Kay!:)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back