Who performs HSG?

charliebear

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if you lovely ladies who have recently had a HSG could tell me who performed it.
I have lots of questions regarding my recent appointment and was wondering if I would be able to have a chat when I have HSG or if I have to wait until 1st March to see Dr :wall2:

Thanks. Charlie x

Hey charlie, I went private for my hsg and it was a radiographer that did it but if I had went with the nhs it would have been the gyno doc along with a radiographer. I was booked in for a follow up appt for a few weeks later. Every place is diff tho. Maybe best checking with your acu before to set your mind at rest x

The person who did my HSG was a different dr who didnt really chat to me at all. Only real communication was with an assistant who was there to literally hold my hand and keep my mind off the procedure. I got told by the dr that it was all clearcetc but I didnt have any opportunity to ask questions. I would say if its like mine you will need to maybe contact your dr. May be different in other places though!

Thanks ladies.

I have a follow up appointment in 8 weeks, I can see myself going stir crazy in that time waiting to speak to Dr :lol: x

Hopefully you will get told a little after the procedure. I got told I was all clear and my suster got told the dye was slower down one tube but not anything major! The waiting really is the most frustrating thing though!

ive been waiting since Nov for them to fit me in for this bloody procedure - hopefullly this month they will be able o do it. Apparently only 2 people at my local hospital can do it (and they have been on a study day or on holiday or something both times so far - crap!! )
Hopefully you will get to see someone to be able to ask questions - it all just a waiting game this though.
Good luck . xxx

I also had a radiographer and a doctor there, but not my usual fertility doctor. They answered any questions I had, but they were just about the HSG really. You could call and talk to the fertility nurses at the hospital in the meantime? I know they are often a fountain of knowledge hehe! xxx

ive been waiting since Nov for them to fit me in for this bloody procedure - hopefullly this month they will be able o do it. Apparently only 2 people at my local hospital can do it (and they have been on a study day or on holiday or something both times so far - crap!! )
Hopefully you will get to see someone to be able to ask questions - it all just a waiting game this though.
Good luck . xxx

I hope they manage to fit you in this month the waiting must be awful.

So far I've been very lucky with waiting times/appointments. The clinic I attend is separate from the local hospitals, which seems to make all the difference with being fitted in. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back