need a bit of help pleaseeeee

ab11

Reaction score
iv been readin about a couple of u goin private for ur HSG, how do u go private? iv jus got a quote from bupa but do u go with bupa?? i dnt kno where i go from here. any1 info would be great xxx

well i now kno i dnt go with bupa

I went with Create Health in Wimbledon and they have a clinic in Harley Street. Basically I went for the Hycosy rather than the HSG as this is less invasive. It costs me £350.00 and I will get it done next week so I will let you know how it goes. You need to take antibiotics for 2 days before and 2 days after. If I were you and you are paying privately I would go for the Hycosy rather than the HSG. I hope this helps. I have attached a link for the clinic. http://www.createhealth.org/?gclid=CKztuoblkK0CFSFItAodW1EX1A
They have been excellent so far and I have had all my investigations done there inclusing the scan and bloods tests and so has my husband. Yes it costs but you miss all this silly waits on the NHS.

Love Gizzy xxxx

Hey Abbey, where in the UK are you? :wave:

I just happen to know where my local private hospital is because my dad went there years ago. Maybe call up your GP and ask for some recommendations of private hospitals in your area?

I have to say I didn't ever think I would go private but the way I see it is it's just one test and I will be going back to the NHS, probably for IUI in the summer (well, hopefully not!). Is it just an HSG that you need to get?

Good luck hun, sometimes you need to be pro-active about these things, just a shame it costs so much. Let us know how you get on chick xxx

Geez my hysteroscopy was £1200, I'd definitely pay £350!:)

Xx

Geez my hysteroscopy was £1200, I'd definitely pay £350!:)

Xx

Wow maybe that's unreal! I think it can really vary from place to place. Think they can just charge what they want! My hubby actually has BUPA cover through his work but don't think it covers partners (although he won't phone up and ask! Grrr men!) lol

Blimy maybe are you sure it was a hycosy??? I dont understand why costs can be so varied across the country. It is crazy. Xxxx

Hun can I ask why you are going private? Have you been through the NHS? Xx

im not goin private, i was jus thinkin about it.
but it looks far to much!!
sorry not been on, been doin alot of hours at work.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back