What a day!

Mamafy

Reaction score
My lil man hasn't been well from I collected him from preschool on Thursday. He's vomitted a few times and is spiking high temps :(

He was still spiking temps today but not anymore than usual and the paracetamol and nurofen had it under control or so I thought.

About 1pm today he took a shaking fit and his lips turned purple :cry: rang out of hours and we went to the walk-in. The dr examined him and said he must have had a convulsion :( He's upped his nurofen to 7.5ml and I'm to give it together with the calpol and not alternately. He also give him an antibiotic 'in case' he has an infection although he showed no obvious signs of infection.

I was so scared :( but he seems in good form now, not eating but drinking well.

I feel rubbish and have sent my son to get a chinese/indian and have cancelled our friends who were comin over; just couldn't be bothered talking crap when he hasn't been well.

Anyway hope my wee man is better soon :(

Last edited:
Aw big hugs x x really hope he gets better soon x x I know how terrifying it is when they convulse from a high temp-I panicked and went to a&e with DD when it happened x it's no consolation but it's really really common in children for this to happen x x hugs

I was scared witless :( It happened to him before when he was 18 months old, funnily enough I was pregnant then too!

Poor little fella and poor you! :hug: get well wishes winging their way to you xxx

I really hope he feels better soon!! Poor little man! Xxx

He ate some rice and noodles and abit of chicken and then some custard :yay: Temp did start going up but he's had his meds so hopefully no more drama :pray:

gosh can't imagin how spary that must have been, hope he gets well soon mamafy. Xxx

Poor little man :( So glad he's eaten something. Hope he sleeps well and feels a lot better tomorrow. Hope you manage to have a relaxing evening :hug:

Poor lil man, and poor mammy :hug: hope he gets better soon xx

:hug: that mustve been so horrible to see. I hope the medicine makes him right again :hug: get better soon little man, and look after yourself too hun xxx

Just thought I'd let you's know that Joe's well back to himself :yay: just hope his eating picks up soon :)

Bless him x

Your not having an easy time atm are you *hugs*

Looking back at the kids health forum threads it seems not :( but I blame preschool, opens them up to much more bugs :doh:

It really peeved me off when my two were sick together and Caitlin was constant mainly because the privilege was still costing us ££££ full days nursery fees! I just think it's so wrong.

The girls are 5 days a week so if they go in Monday Tuesday and are sick from Wednesday I have to pay FULL fee ....if they fall ill over the weekend and don't go in Monday TO Friday we pay HALF fee ....if they are ill Monday Tuesday Wednesday and I take them in Thursday and Friday its FULL fee!

I do sorta understand the reasons for they staff the nursery as to how many kids are signed up there and the fact parents think well I'll save money today and not take them ...but for some of us who aren't like that it's a killer.

Just seen this :hug: Must have been awful for you Mamafy, but glad he has picked up xxx

It really peeved me off when my two were sick together and Caitlin was constant mainly because the privilege was still costing us ?full days nursery fees! I just think it's so wrong.

The girls are 5 days a week so if they go in Monday Tuesday and are sick from Wednesday I have to pay FULL fee ....if they fall ill over the weekend and don't go in Monday TO Friday we pay HALF fee ....if they are ill Monday Tuesday Wednesday and I take them in Thursday and Friday its FULL fee!

I do sorta understand the reasons for they staff the nursery as to how many kids are signed up there and the fact parents think well I'll save money today and not take them ...but for some of us who aren't like that it's a killer.

:shock: that's awful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back