We're are absolutely Devastated - RIP Our Rebecca

I'd maybe ask if there are visible markings before you make your decision. Usually after a pm they do try to hide the evidence, but it may be difficult with her being so small, bless her xxxx

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Thank you, I will ask them and then make my decision. I know that my OH doesn't want to see her but I'm not sure....maybe it will just break my heart all over again?

Love and hugs to all x x

Last edited:
When we prepare babies for viewing, they are usually dressed and swaddled in a blanket with a small bonnet on their head to hide the post mortem evidence. They are then placed in a Moses basket in the chapel of rest for parents to view. But that is in the hospital, not the funeral parlour. Just ask them what they do and take it from there xx

Last edited:
We have arranged Becky's funeral for 30th May at 10:30. I decided against seeing her again as the lady we saw today says that as Rebecca was born so early her body would've deteriorated very quickly. So best to remember our beautiful daughter as she was.

x x

I think you made the right decision Vicky despite how hard it must have been. It must be a bit of a relief to have got the funeral organised, week done on having the strength to do it xx

Thanks scn, still early days but I know we are strong enough as a couple to cope. I can't wait to get pregnant again but I know I have to give my body time to heal.

x x

We have arranged Becky's funeral for 30th May at 10:30. I decided against seeing her again as the lady we saw today says that as Rebecca was born so early her body would've deteriorated very quickly. So best to remember our beautiful daughter as she was.

x x

Hi hun. Just to say I will be thinking of you next Thursday, as we are cremating our little Emily, also on 30 May at 10:30. I found this an eerie coincidence as we both also delivered our little babies on the same day too. We are not going to see Emily again as she has also had a post mortem and I like to remember how she was just after she was born. I am still undecided as to whether I can carry her casket into the service myself or I should leave it to someone else. Think I will just have to see how strong I feel on the day.

Stay strong. xxxxx

Sending loads of Love to you both xxx

Still practicing on the new phone.....

All the best to both vicky and fiona next Thursday. I wish you all the strength in the world to get through the day. Xxxx

x x[/QUOTE]

Hi hun. Just to say I will be thinking of you next Thursday, as we are cremating our little Emily, also on 30 May at 10:30. I found this an eerie coincidence as we both also delivered our little babies on the same day too. We are not going to see Emily again as she has also had a post mortem and I like to remember how she was just after she was born. I am still undecided as to whether I can carry her casket into the service myself or I should leave it to someone else. Think I will just have to see how strong I feel on the day.

Stay strong. xxxxx[/QUOTE]

Hi Fiona, how weird. My OH Paul says he will carry her coffin but I'm not sure whether he'll be strong enough.

I will be thinking of you and baby Emily on thursday and she will be in my prayers.

Thank you Bex that means a lot x x

Hi,

We have ordered Rebecca's flowers for her funeral. We have decided on a small heart with a pink ribbon around the edge, white flowers with a pink spray on top. We have also bought a single wrapped white rose with a pink ribbon to place on her coffin. I'm proud of myself as I didn't cry. But I was crying all morning so I suppose I'm all cried out (for now at least)

Hope everyone is ok

x x

That sounds lovely Vicky xx

That sounds so sweet.

thinking of u both xxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you see what flowers we have got for Becky. We are delighted with them.

Love and hugs to all x x

Attachments

• Rebeccas Flowers 1 Resized.jpg
    Rebeccas Flowers 1 Resized.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Rebeccas Flowers 2 Resized.jpg
    Rebeccas Flowers 2 Resized.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
They are gorgeous Vicky xx

Just wanted to say I will be thinking of u both on the 30th xxx

I'll be thinking of you all today sweetheart x