• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Went a bit mad today lol

Rósa

Reaction score
Hit the sales today, bought my travel system, the graco I love my bear one, was £200 had it for £150, bought a swinging crib, and the I love my bear pink drapes and bumper etc, a microvave sterilieser and a few bottles incase I can't breastfeed and the babies wardrobe and chest of draws, though with the furniture Im trying the canvas ones out, saw them in the shop they look quite sturdy so bought them, can't really afford nursery furniture so would rather these do til the baby is old enough to have an opinion on what she wants in her bedroom, I just hope they will be alright, will try and get them put together by next weekend lol.

Anyone here uses the canvas furniture before?

Last edited:
Ohhh good for you some bargains there Rosa!

Isnt it a lovely feeling when we can feel confident buying for our babies....yeyyyy cant wait to see pics once its all assembled xxx

DD had canvas drawers and wardobe until she was 3 and they were fine x glad you got sone bargains x

Wow sounds like u had a blast!!! :eek:) XX

Oooh, you have the same pram as me!! I got mine last week in the sale too, and at the mo, its up and set up in the our front room! (i dont really care about all these bad luck stories, lol). Its quite a substantial thing, especially for me not used to dealing with prams and car seats, but it looks like it will be nice and simple to use once I get the hang of it!

We also savaged babies r us - now have our cot, mattress, dresser, bedding, curtains, bottles and steriliser, and paint.

About the canvas wardrobes, I think they are great, ive had one from argos, for the last 2 years, its a huge one, with a double wardrobe bit, and then a set of drawers inside. Its still standing after the weight of all my clothes and shoes and bags, and I still really want to keep it (its in the spare room/nursery at the mo). My flat suffers a bit from damp, and the canvas wardrobes helped keep all my stuff clean and airey.
x

Thanks all :D

Lea I fell in love with this pram before but couldnt justify the £200 lol wanted to spend £150 max so couldn't resist it in the sale, it was the little bear toys that did it for me, it came with the footmuff and raincover as well, for my partner it was the clock and temp gauge on hamdle that did it for him lol must say babies r us was fab, they wouldnt sell the pram to me til they checked the car seat actually fitted in my car, as some seatbelts aren't long enough.
Glad to hear about the canvas wardrobes as well, though I would love some proper nursery furniture, just cant afford the £600/£1000 they asking for chest of drawers, wardrobe, and changing table, as we are being given a cot, so just need to buy a new matress when we get it.

Yay on your shopping spree :dance: I can't wait to start doing up the nursery but it's waaaay too early. I'm having to sit on my hands at the moment what with all the sales online! I think the canvas furniture looks lovely in a nursery - also it has less sharp edges for bubba to bump into when it starts to toddle around. I'm with you on that one, I really resent spending that amount on nursery furniture, it seams the minute you say the word baby they add another couple of hundred :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back