Well never thought this would be how I parent

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Tyler has been in bed with me every night for the last month so it's been decided that we're going to take a side off the cot and have it against the bed! (I also think this will help with his transition to cot full time too.)

I know people might want to slate me for these decisions, please don't. I'm educated enough to have read the do's and don'ts and have never taken sharing a bed as something lightly.

Tyler has never let me get much sleep and I think cosleeping has really helped me bf successfully for this long ( I would recommend it), moving him into his cot on the bed will mean OH can move back in (when he hasn't got to be up with work and isn't snoring!) I think we'll also get more sleep together but separate iykwim?

I just wish this had been vocalised as an option from day 1 and I'd brought a co-sleeper cot!

I swore after DHs sis I wouldn't co sleep. - but this week I've had to, else I'd have had no sleep. Last night she came in at 5ish, the previous night it was after the 3am feed, I just don't have the energy to spend ages at that time of night trying to get her to sleep in her own bed.

Guess things really do change once they are here!!! It still wouldn't be my first choice, but sometimes needs must.

I hope no one on here will judge the choices you make. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

If it works for u hun go for it

People r always tellin me off for puttin Henry to sleep on his tummy - but it works for us so I'm stickin with it!

Ruby co sleeps with me ( onlystarted about 2 weeks ago,) she goes down in her cot but when she wakes up in the middle of the night she will not resettle unless in the bed with me . I don't care if People have a go at me for doing it as it works for me and my daughter . If u didn't put her in the bed with me none of us would get sleep .

Xxx

I don't co sleep all night but she sometimes wakes up while OH is getting ready for work at 6am :roll: so I normally pop her on the bed with me and she'll sleep til about 8. If it works for you then stick with it x

I don't think anyone has a right to judge you, you do what is best for you and your child.

I co slept with Riven in hospital now he is home he sleeps in is oases basket but we did have an hour in the bed earlier as wouldn't stop screaming and was one of the only ways to settle him.

Forget what other people think

Oh pinky don't worry, Charlie was like Tyler with his sleep when he was younger but it was mainly his stupid dummy falling out. And he hated his crib as a newborn. We co slept with him from Oct til just after Xmas and the transition to crib then cot was not that bad. We have a superking bed so he slept in a snuggle nest between us, it was about 7 quid off ebay and god we all loved it!

A happy mummy makes for a happy baby so if it gets you more sleep then go for it! I don't think anyone will judge you for it we all know that Tyler's not one for sleeping, and he might feel more relaxed with you both nearer to him. Hope it works for you hun and you get a better nights sleep out of it :) x

If it works for you then go with it. There is no right or wrong.

Personally it is not for me and something I would not do but not because there is anything wrong with it, because I am too scared and know I would not sleep, I like OH snuggled up with me and I have alot of nightmares and often wake up screaming and crying and would hate to disturb her.

I co-slept with my mum and did not go in to my own room until I was 7!!!

DH was adamant we wouldn't be co-sleeping despite my love of it from co-sleeping with DD but we ended up co-sleeping until he was 9 months and on and off until he was 12 months when DS decided enough was enough and has slept 100% completely in his cot since then. If I could get away with it I'd still co-sleep now but I go by what DS wants and he's happier in his cot (though he does still allow a co-sleep nap occasionally!) x nobody should judge you for co-sleeping IMHO x

I'm amazed by the positive response tbh! It's such a frowned upon taboo, when I last saw the doctor I didn't even want to tell her to save the 'you are going to kill your child' lectures!

And the amount of people who do it!

I'm surprised you've had that reaction tbh! The only person who said anything negative (that includes hv!) was my MIL!

I am buying a co sleeper crib. There is no way of me getting up unnecessary during the night for breast feeding... Pop the baby near you, feed and put it back all without getting up. Also you can reach and reassure when it stirs without getting up.
In my eyes is the ideal solution when you bf especially.

I'm amazed by the positive response tbh! It's such a frowned upon taboo, when I last saw the doctor I didn't even want to tell her to save the 'you are going to kill your child' lectures!

And the amount of people who do it!

I actually really like co sleeping , I live waking up and ruby is staring at me with her big blue eyes it makes my heart melt lol x

I've co-slept/am co-sleeping quite a lot with all my 3 children, can't see anything wrong with it (if done in a safe way), and am happy to say that I have never had anybody "tell me off" for it, including midwives, HVs and doctors. :smile:

see i'm lucky harry has slept in his own cot from day one and i've never had any problems i do bring harry into our bed for a cuddle at about 7.30 but i'm awake while he's in our bed x

noone should judge you pinky, you and ty need all the sleep you can get and if thats the way you have to do it then so be it. im terrified of anything happening to alyssa in our bed so 99% of the time i just keep at it til she goes back down (rare to have to fight her atm shes been sleeping thru quite well) but if im too tired and its been bad then even i will bring her into our bed for the rest of the night

see i'm lucky harry has slept in his own cot from day one and i've never had any problems i do bring harry into our bed for a cuddle at about 7.30 but i'm awake while he's in our bed x

I don't want to come across negative or anything but I don't see how that's 'lucky' as it comes across that you think co-sleepers are 'unlucky' when, in fact, I feel like the 'lucky' one having been able to co-sleep! Such an amazing bonding experience! Also I don't see choosing to co-sleep as a 'problem'.

I actually got a couple of leaflets given me by the hospital about co sleeping.

It does advise of the dangers and when not to co sleep but it definitely isn't against it

I couldn't co sleep all night with Harry but most mornings we do from early morning once OH has got up for work

What works for you is what matters. Each to their own and to me as long as you're aware of the facts then it's up to you

I love waking up seeing Harry's big blue eyes and his smiles this week x

Has made me feel better reading this thread. Brody always seems to end up I'm our bed at some point. Usually from 5am onwards (I tryyy to not before then) but last night it was 3am as he wouldn't settle and he loves sleeping with me. I have to admit, I love sleeping with him too. Only problem is I don't sleep well with it but I don't sleep well when he keeps waking either ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back