co-sleepers of older babies..

Adele

Reaction score
lol i have a kind of reverse of this mids, as in chloe was always a brilliant sleeper in her own cot in her own room, then shortly after paige was born she refused to sleep on her own, and now shares my bed with me lol its the only way we can all get decent sleep seeing as paige sleeps in her cot fine. doesnt really bother me as OH snores and keeps me awake if hes in bed with me xD I prefer chloe

I don't really know what we'll do with Alex. He screams blue murder if he doesn't sleep with me, so for the moment we're just taking it one day at a time.

He may well end up just going straight into Lydia's toddler bed when she moves into a normal bed.

midna said:
Xena said:
I don't really know what we'll do with Alex. He screams blue murder if he doesn't sleep with me, so for the moment we're just taking it one day at a time.

He may well end up just going straight into Lydia's toddler bed when she moves into a normal bed.

LOL you have a 7-8pm bedtime too ? :D ....I manage to sneak out for a whole 30mins occasionally. :lol:

lol actually our household works weirdly. DH works 2pm till 10pm, and I have to pick him up from work, so the kids usually get to sleep from around midnight.
Alex falls asleep on my knee in the living room and then when we go to bed at around 2am we just take him up with us - he doesn't wake up - just carry him up asleep.
Then we wake late in the morning.

It's a weird system but it works lol

lol chlo used to fall asleep downstairs around 12-1am and stay downstairs with OH, its much ebtter now she has a proper bedtime and full 10 hours sleep but means my bedtime is currently between 9-10pm :lol:

Kyran would love to sleep in our bed he thinks its a great laugh kicking us and loves pulling daddy's chest hair! I try to keep him in his room as im worried it might be harder when he's older. He wont sleep in his cot but will sleep in his moses basket which we put in his cot! :roll: god knows what we're guna do in a month or so he's nearly too big for the moses basket!

When Willow was around 6 months I decided that i'd install some form of bedtime routine, she was getting to the point where i thought she needed it. So i started bathing her in the evening instead of morning, read her a story, and bf her and sing to her til she slept, whereupon I'd stick her in her cot. She still sleeps with me once i come into bed though. It took a week or so til we got the hang of it, but it is great now, i have 3 or 4 whole hours to myself :lol:

I co-slept with Isaac from the beginning and he did move into his cot at 5months, when I decided a 7pm bedtime just wasn't right :lol: However, its not been simple, in that he would never and still won't go to sleep on his own, and so I always lay with him on our bed until he's asleep and move him to his cot later that night. If he wakes in the night a dummy works 9 times out of 10, but sometimes he won't settle again and spends the latter end of the morning in bed with us before getting up.

However, he does go to bed at 7pm and doesn't get up until 6.30am at the earliest, and that's rare, its usually 7-8am. But I have to add that the move from bed to cot was invaluably helped by the fact that he started to take a dummy, as before 5months he wouldn't have one, so I don't know how it would have gone had he not taken a dummy as he now still uses one to help him get off and stay asleep, without me being there.

That's my personal experience of it. There is the downside of us living in a 1bed flat so OH often wakes Isaac, as he snores, so I do believe when he has his own room he'll possibly stop waking in the night and needing my intervening, as I also won't have to settle him so he doesn't wake OH with being at work.

That's what I did, thought I'd share because it can be hard going and I spent many, many nights waking up grabbing OH's bum/arm, and him waking saying 'wtf you doing?' and I was thinking it was Isaac falling out the bed :lol: never worried about that when Isaac was in bed with us.

Very best wishes if/when you decide to try her in a cot, and I really hope she likes it and you get some bed time with OH back :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back