Wont sleep on hard cot mattress

happy-chick

Reaction score
Ellie has always been an excellent sleeper, shes been in her cot since 2months and we've never had a problem with it until now... she sometimes sleeps in bed with us in a morning if she wakes up early for a feed (we have a pretty soft bed) and she also has a big cushion thing that she naps on during the day (which is also really soft) and shes become a real pain to get to sleep in her cot because the mattress is really firm, she'll go straight to sleep anywhere thats really padded/comfy but wont in her cot. She does go to sleep in there eventually (after about 3/4 attempts at putting her down) but it used to be straight away....

Any ideas how we can make it more comfortable but also safe? I was thinking of putting a baby quilt underneath the sheet but im worried about the air holes and it not being safe?

I put LO on her quilt to sleep. Had the same problem and she seemed to roll around for ages trying to get comfortable. Helps I think. The baby quilts are not so puffy that they could be dangerous.

i put 2 towels under connor's mattress in his crib - he's much happier that way :)

The only way I can get Green Bean to sleep in his cot is to put a cot quilt on top of the mattress. I don't bother now, but when he was littler I then put the fitted mattress cover over the quilt (bit of a squeeze :lol: ) to flatten it out and to prevent him from pulling it over his head somehow :D

I have a old baby quilt that Imogen lays on, with her pillow then has her actual quilt over her :D

Can't you change the matress? Buy a softer one for her if she doesn't like the hard one. She'll be in there a fair while and it's always a better nights sleep (even for us adults) if you have a nice matress to snuggle down on.

The matress is a medium-soft one but its hard compared to our bed iykwim :) I think a quilit underneath is the way forward, will let u know how I get on!

Try wrapping her up in a nice cosy blanket so shes all snug and comfy. thats the only way i could get ky to sleep in his big boys bed!

Sage said:
Try wrapping her up in a nice cosy blanket so shes all snug and comfy. thats the only way i could get ky to sleep in his big boys bed!

She hates being wrapped in anything, she even hates a blanket over her and gets really angry and kicks it off :lol: thanks for idea though! She seems to have decided that she'll got to sleep on the matress again anyway :roll: talk about changing her mind :lol: hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back